It's football in Europe!

I wrote this whole chapter listening to this^ song

"And down the field he goes, leaving the other players in the dust!" the Spanish commenter yelled into the microphone excitedly. This was the first game of his season, and the first game not as Antonio Fernandez-Carriedo, but as Spain, the country of the sun, tomatoes, and soccer.

Spain sprinted down the field, dribbling the ball between his feet. Luckily, he did have some self control, so he wasn't going nearly as fast as he could have.

Quickly, he turned, scanning the nearby field for someone to pass the ball to. Very rarely did he ever make the shot; he just moved the ball down there. Oh, he could make the shot. He could make it every time if he tried. He just preferred having his team do it. He knew that it gave them such a feeling of accomplishment, for he could feel it through them.

Having the team that he had reminded him of his time as a pirate. No, it's not like they burn your village and rape your women. It's the closeness of them all. He remembered being Captain Antonio, the most feared pirate in the Spanish seas. His crew was handpicked*, and they al trusted him with their lives. He trusted them with his, too.

Coming back to the present, he started forward, just to keep the ball moving. Someone shouted his name.

"Antonio! Here!"  they yelled, running closer to the net. Spain smiled and kicked the ball into the air, watching and waiting.

"It looks like they're going to attempt an in-air play! This is risky on their part. If they don't make this shot, they will surely lose the game to the English**. What a tragedy that would be, eh? Oh OOH HE MADE IT! NUMBER 29 CARLOS GARCIA SCORES THE WINNING GOAL FOR SPAIN, WITH AN ASSIST FROM NUMBER 8, ANTONIO FERNANDEZ CARRIEDO! Ah what a day for our beloved Spain it is!"

Antonio smiled again as his team mates ran to congratulate their friend. He let some of his essence leak through his barriers, allowing the feeling of the sun and fields to wash over them all. He loved the feeling that everyone had during moments like these.

"As much as I would love to celebrate with you all, I do have someone to meet very, very soon. So if you all would excuse me, I will take my leave,"  Spain told them, walking up to the group. "But you all played very well, and I am very proud of you!"  He smiled again.

"But Spain, won't you come celebrate with us? This is our first victory of the season, after all. And it was against the English, nonetheless!"

"I already told you, I have somewhere to be. I wish you all the best with your celebrations!"  He turned to leave, when he heard a voice ring out above the others.

"It's Romano, isn't it? The person you're going to meet, I mean,"  they said.

"Of course it is! He may be the only person that I would turn down a good party for, you know!"  He called back before finally leaving the field and heading towards the lockers.***

~*~*~*~*~

*this is a reference to 'country's lament', in the chapter where England captures spain and his crew, go read it its good!

**no, england was not on that team. He's still with the queen and stuff, remember?

*** yes, there is spamano in this book.

woohoo! finally, another chapter! for sure the next chapter will be china. I'm thinking about doing the Nordics after that. if you want to request another country or region, including micronations, comment them

laters~