Precious

Tonight, we had a big feast. The lost boys roasted the turkey over an open fire and served it to everyone straight after. They were all so happy to see the turkey being served. They ate like they haven't eaten in weeks. When Peter told them I was the one who shot the turkey, they all looked at me in admiration.

"She shot it dead on her first try" Peter boasted, looking at me like a proud father.

"You were able to shoot it the first try?" one of the lost boys asked as he took a bite of turkey.

"Yeah" I said, shyly. "I guess I did."

After dinner, everyone gathered around the fire and Peter started to play his pipe. Everyone danced just like when I came to Neverland the night before. I danced with them for a bit then sat down to rest my feet. Felix came over and sat down next to me.

"I see now why Pan wanted you here so bad" he says suddenly, nodding at our leader.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"You obviously have some potential that none of the other lost boys have" he explains, looking around at everyone. "Pan sees something in you."

"He told me I have the spirit of a true lost girl" I tell him, turning my gaze to him.

"That must be the reason why he was so eager to have you come here" he said, avoiding my gaze. "He knows how special you are."

"I'm not that special" I say, looking down at my hands. I look up and see Peter staring at me while playing his pipe. Felix is right. He does see something in me, but I don't know what it is.

"You must be very important to him, otherwise he wouldn't be paying this much attention to you" he claims, finally looking at me.

I look at Peter and wonder if I am really important to him. If I am important then why? What does he need me for? After another hour or so it was time for everyone to settle in for the night. I start walking to my tree house and I hear footsteps behind me.

"Mind if I walk with you?" Peter asked as he cought up to me.

"Not at all, we do live right across from each other" I remind him.

"Can I ask you something Alaina?" he asks, walking backwards so he can face me.

"Sure, why not?" I respond, smiling at his attempt to walk backwards and concentrate on me.

"Your name" he blurts out, looking me in the eye "Why did your mother and father name you Alaina?"

"Well, a new born baby is one of the most precious things in the world" I explain, looking into his eyes as to tell him what he wants to know. "Alaina means 'precious' that's why they gave me that name."

"That's beautiful" he says, giving a toothless grin.

"Why are you called Peter Pan?" I ask sarcastically as I let out a slight giggle.

He chuckled and gave that smirk that I keep seeing "That's a story for another time."

As we reach our tree houses, we say goodnight and part ways. I walk up the latter to my tree house. I hang my crossbow on the wall and get my hammock set up for sleeping. I crawl into my hammock and look out my window at Peter's tree house. I started thinking about today. I thought about what he said to me in the jungle and our conversation we just had. Suddenly, Peter comes to his window and sees me staring out mine. I smile and wave as he does the same.

"Goodnight Precious!" he shouts, cupping one hand around his mouth.

I chuckle and blush at the nickname. "Goodnight Peter!" I simply shout back. We both exchange one last smile then head to bed.