Promise

It's a beautiful morning once again. I admire the warm air and beautiful evergreen trees as I walk to camp. A smile is plastered on my face and an obvious blush is speckled on my cheeks. I can't get last nights events out of my mind. Peter and I kissed! How many girls can actually say that they've kissed Peter Pan? I wonder if today would be different now considering what happened last night. He said he had been wanting to kiss me since I first arrived in Neverland. Little did he know I've been waiting for him to make a move and now that he finally did, I'm overjoyed.

I arrive at the camp and most of the lost boys are having breakfast. Peter is standing near where the fire usually gets lit, giving orders to the older lost boys. I can't help the huge smile that spreads across my face just by seeing the back of his head. He turns around and lays his beautiful green eyes on me. He goes form a frown to an ear to ear smile in less than a second. He quickly walks over to me, wasting absolutely no time. Just by the look in his eyes, I can tell what he's about to do. As soon as he reaches me, he grabs both sides of my face and presses his lips to mine. We both grin into the kiss and I wrap my arms around him. After what seems like eternity, we pull apart breathlessly and stare into each other's eyes.

"Good morning precious" he purrs, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Morning" I respond, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. I suddenly felt like I was being watched. I look around and see that all the lost boys are starring at me and Peter with their jaws down to the floor. I remember now, Peter and I being a couple is news to the lost boys. A blush of embarrassment quickly made its way to my face and Peter noticed right away.

"What are you all staring at!?" Peter scolds, giving all the lost boys a death glare. "Don't you all have something better to do!?" 

They all quickly snap out of their daze and continue on with their tasks. Peter releases his grip on me and just holds both my hands. He kisses my forehead and I can't help but let out a little giggle. I never had this with a boy before. Yes, I've had crushes and stuff, but I've never actually had a boy like me back or want to be my boyfriend. This is all sort of new to me and so far, I like it.

"Did you have any of those nightmare last night?" he asks, concern evident in his voice.

"No, I didn't" I tell him. "I actually slept really well last night."

"I understand that your parents are in these nightmares, but you'll be better off without the nightmares" he says, running a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I guess you're right" I tell him, leaning into his touch slightly. "It would be better to remember them through good times, not bad times."

Peter gives a warm smile and we go to lean in for another kiss, but someone stops him before we can do so. Felix stands behind Peter with his hand on his shoulder and that same old menacing look in his eyes.

"Pan, we need to talk, now!" Felix exclaims, adding emphasis to the word 'now.'

"Alright" Peter utters, expressing his annoyance at the fact Felix interrupted us. They walked off together and one of the younger lost boys comes up to me, showing me a flower he found. I pick him up and hold him to my hip as he shows me the flower. I look over at Peter and Felix as they have their 'talk.' It looks like their arguing considering both their arms were flailing around and their facial expression read obvious anger. I giggle to myself a little because they kind of remind me of an old married couple. Their argument ends as Peter walks away. He looks angry and hurt and it makes me wonder what they were talking about. I put down the little lost boy and he goes running to his group of friends. I open my mouth to ask Peter what was wrong, but he walks right past me. I felt my heart instantly sink to my stomach. He didn't even look at me, he just walked right by without a word. That's when I knew something really was eating him. I decided to follow him into the jungle. I tried to be sneaky about it though, so he wouldn't know I was following him. I follow his trail all the way to the beach. I look around and spot him sitting on a rock with his head berried in his hands. I walk a little closer and see he's slightly quivering and letting out quiet sobs. I then realized why we walked away and didn't speak a word. He knew he was going to cry and didn't want any of the lost boys to see it. I quietly sit down next to him and gently touch his back.

"Peter, what's wrong?" I whisper in a calming manner. He slowly lifts his head up to look at me. His eyes are bloodshot and his face is red and tear-stained.

"Felix and I were just fighting, that's all" he says, sniffling.

"What were you fighting about?" I gently ask, drying his tear-stained cheeks as I do for the young, crying lost boys.

"He was telling me I shouldn't be affectionate with you in front of the lost boys" he utters, pain and anger evident in his eyes. "He said that they'll think I'm weak and they wont take orders from me anymore."

"Peter, you don't have to listen to him, you're the leader" I assure him, slowly rubbing his back.

"That's not what I'm upset about Alaina" he whispers. "I'm upset because he just doesn't understand."

"Understand what?" I ask, threading my eyebrows together. He quickly rises to his feet and stands in front of me.

"He doesn't understand my feelings for you" he utters quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. "I have been waiting for you for so long Alaina. I knew from the minute you were born that you'd be my soulmate."

As he speaks, more tears are flooding down his cheeks, and I can't help but cry myself.

"And to finally have you in my arms, makes me happier than I've ever been. I didn't think I could feel love for another until the shadow told me about you, and for Felix to tell me to conceal my love for you, Its just something I can't do Alaina."

I stand up and run my fingers through his soft light brown hair. I then proceed to wipe his tears away.

"Then don't" I simply whisper. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer, instantly slamming his lips on mine. This kiss is a lot more passionate then our other ones. I can tell he's spilling all his love into it. He picks me up and spins me around, still keeping his soft lips connected with mine. He puts me down and stops the kiss, much to my disappointment.

"Promise you'll never try to leave" he whispers into my slightly parted lips.

"I'm not going anywhere" I whisper back, pulling him in to join our lips together once more.