chapter 9

(A/N- passage written in italics is the flashback that was already mentioned in the previous chapters and bold italics is the flashback that wasn't mentioned but actually happened. I didn't mentioned it earlier for the sake of the story. It will make sense once you read it.)

Nobody's pov

The time has come when Ashton's fate will be decided. The court room was filled with people. In the front was Michael sitting with public prosecutor Luke Hemmings. Natalie was sitting in the second row. Her face missing all emotions. She looked like she hasn't slept for months. At the back Niall, Harry, Kate and Zoe were sitting. Ashton was to the front side where the culprits are made to sit.

Michael looked depressed and broken but it was hard to tell whether he really felt that way or he was acting. (A/n- I'll try my best to write how things happen in the court but I actually have no idea. So im sorry if it sucks)

The case started with Luke Hemmings, a public prosecutor introducing the case to the judge.

"Good evening to all present here. I'm Luke Hemmings. I'll brief out everything that happened the night Mrs. Andrea Clifford got murdered. Having a closer look at the statements, allegations and proofs presented by Mr. Michael Clifford all the things say that Andrea's murderer is none other than Mr. Ashton." He spoke.

A tear slipped down Natalie's cheek. She refuse to have a look at her husband because she knew she will break down. On the other hand Ashton was helpless and all he wanted right now was Natalie to look at him once. To believe his innocence.

"That day it was Michael's birthday so Ashton, Michael, Andrea and Natalie who is Ashton's wife went out to have a celebration. They were not just neighbours but were also good friends. Later the night when four of them returned Michael and Ashton begged their wives to let them have one last bottle to which they both agreed" Luke said and everybody was listening to each and every word that came out of his mouth.

"So both Natalie and Andrea went back to their respective houses while Michael and Ashton were still outside. However Ashton wanted to party all night so he suggested that they should go to the airport bar so as to continue their celebrations. Ashton sent Michael to Natalie to ask for her permission since she would say No to him." Luke continued.

"No no this isn't what happened. We didn't go to any airport bar. All this is just a big fat lie" Ashton shouted interrupting Luke.

"Mr. Ashton this isn't your time to speak. You will get your chance" the judge told him.

"So as I was saying after that the two of them went to the Airport bar" luke said.

Suddenly Niall realised something. "Two? There was just a single person" he muttered to himself.

"But then Michael realised that he has left his wallet and credit card. Ashton said the same that he also left his wallet and credit card with Natalie and that he should go back and get it. Michael waited for Ashton in the airport while Ashton drove back alone. This happened around 2:30 a.m." Luke told everyone.

"Drove back alone? But there were two people that returned" Niall whispered to himself still confused.

"Then when Ashton drove back from the airport leaving Michael back there he went to Andrea's house instead of his own." Luke told and that was the first time Natalie looked up at Ashton. Her eyes filled with anger and betrayal.

"Ashton thought this was the perfect opportunity for him to satisfy his lust so he made his way towards Andrea's bedroom" Luke said and Ashton cringed at his words.

"So when Andrea refused to have sex with Ashton he got angry. Since he was drunk he killed Andrea by hitting her head with the beer bottle" Luke finished.