Chapter 7

Kristie's POV
I woke up with a terrible headache, groaning I got up,

"Damn my head."

I looked around, yep I'm in my room, I got up and dragged my feet across the floor, to my door and rested against it,

"That was the first challenge." I groaned. The steps would be even worse and I would have to try my best not to fall down them for my sake.

When I got to the top of the stairs I halted as I heard two voices in conversation; a male and female's, and instantly I knew who they were.

Swiftly I ran back to my room, ignoring my pounding head and proceeded to take a shower. I got in the bath thinking about how I missed training today and I needed to catch up, because my teacher will not let me go by easily the next time I go to training, and I can't even quit because I'm doing this all for my grandpa. I closed my eyes and reminisced; I miss him, he was the only sane person in this house before the maid came my grandad took care of Bianca and me and before he died I made him a promise.

Flashback
"Grandad please don't leave me," I cried into his chest as he laid on the hospital bed,"I don't know if I'll make it without you."

"Kris, you're a strong girl, you'll get over this the minute I'm gone," he planted a kiss on my forehead and rubbed my hair," let me tell you a story."

"I don't think this is a good time for stories."

"Just listen, when I was a boy I wanted to be a cheerleader,"

"Really?!" I giggled slightly and made myself comfortable,"then why didn't you take it up?"

"I was afraid, afraid that I would be judged for my actions and my heart ached at what I would've been stereotyped; but I just loved the way the cheerleaders gracefully traveled through the air and how they made those dance moves look easy."

"Aren't they?" My forehead creased

He shock his head,"Of course not, you need muscle, determination and spirit to truly accomplish a move."

"So why didn't you join cheerleading and just forget what everyone else thought?"

"Well my mother, she was against my decision. She said that it was gay and that it would make her look bad."

"Oh." I looked down because I also thought that when boy were in cheeerleading, they were gay, attention seeking or just joining an activity for bonus marks.

"She told everyone in the neighbourhood and the guys I usually hung out with vanished," He grabbed my hand,"Kristie the moral of the story is to do what your mind needs to make up happy, don't be like me and ruin it all by negative thoughts. Promise me something Spunk."

"Promise you what?"

"Promise me that you'll keep on doing track, doing what sets your soul on fire."

"Okay I promise." My eyes started to water and he envelopes me in a hug

"I love you Grandad and I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too Spunk."

End of flashback

And I always kept my promise despite the many times I wanted to quit because our coach was hard on me and only me.

I hopped out of the shower and got dressed; I put my gym clothes and my running shoes on, I'll just go for a run since I missed practice. I took up my water bottle and my sweatbands and proceeded to go downstairs.