Chapter 19

"I'll be teaching you how to use a gun."

My eyes shot up from my hands, diverting my attention from what I was doing on the table.
I stared at Bryn, sitting comfortably in the living room sofa, with a beer in one of his hands, while the other hand propped his head up.

"And what if I say no? I hesitantly asked

"I thought it was made clear enough that it wasn't a question."

"Whatever" I scoffed

"Plus you'll need it"

"You have a lot of trust in me I see"

"I do not, you need to relax."

"Mean." I pouted

"I thought you'd already established that darling."

 I scoffed at his statement and narrowed my eyes, I glared at him as he sat there, looking as though he was thinking about something but still not that very deep thoughts,

"You trust me enough to not shoot you?" I asked, I just wanted to test him to see what his reaction would be. But what I didn't expect to see was the dark look that flashed in his eyes, and just as quickly as it came... it disappeared. 

He locked eyes with me, and what I saw this time was a blank, unreadable look. I suddenly started to feel uncomfortable causing me to squirm in my seat, and he noticed this. Because moments after, he broke eye contact, and then that idiotic smirk was plastered on his face again.

"I'm pretty sure that I just said, and not too long ago at that, that I don't trust you," he tilted his head to the side and raised his brows, "What the fuck goes on in your head?"

"You don't wanna know." I scoffed

"Plus if you shoot me that'd be like removing the skeleton from a body"

"What?"

"What's a body without a skeleton?"He had a cocky smirk on his face, 

Did he... did he just call me useless?

I eyed him as he got up, with that smirk still visible on his face, as he walked past me to go into his room. But before he completely disappeared behind his bedroom door I heard him flatly speak,

"Be ready when I am."

It's been 4 weeks since my little incident, I almost lost my shit when I saw my blood on my hand that night, but Bianca was quick enough to call his mom and she came over quite speedily and she patched me up. It was a long cut but thankfully it wasn't as deep as I thought it was, so it didn't take a long while to heal, although it wasn't completely healed yet, the pain that stung the back of my leg was now gone.

After that day Bryn tried to make me feel a bit more comfortable in the house, I understand why I'm here in the first place, but it'll take a while for me to accept that I'll be stuck here for a while, until Bryn probably gets tired of me and ships me back to his uncle. 

But I'm trying to be more grateful to him, I'm doing that by being nice and trying to be less difficult by doing what he tells me to do, but only as long as it sounds beneficial though. There's a lot of things we still need to talk about, like if I'll get to see my mom any time soon, or maybe if he accepted that job that his uncle wanted him to do... the one where he has to kill my dad. Sigh, but only time will tell.

It was starting to get a bit lonely here, I'm grown so I shouldn't be scared right? Well, that's not the case, because every time I'm here alone every small sound echoes through these walls like a powerful bass... and that's scary. Bianca comes and goes as usual, but we don't really talk, I would be lying if I  said that I don't miss her sometimes... the old her before everything turned to shit. But I guess that's how it'll stay for a while, cousins that rarely exchange two words to each other. We would've done everything to protect each other back when we were younger, if someone swings at her, best believe that I'm swinging back at them, but that all changed when we got older. Ask me why, and I would say that I have no idea why we fell off like that... but we did. I guess that's family in a nutshell.