Chapter 22

"I don't know how to use this!"

"I fucking taught you how to use it!" the voice on the other end of my earpiece whispered shouted, "You've been learning how to use a gun for weeks now! Months!"

"Well you try to stable your hand enough to properly use a firearm for the first time, on some suicide mission you asshole."

The voice on the other end, who was Bryn, sighed loudly and I audibly heard him crack his neck.

"I'm not dealing with your sass. Keep you eyes out and take a deep breath, you agreed to do this."

I sighed.

I had left the building and while I was walking pass the guards I had to pretend that I was angrily talking to a Uber that was late. This was single handed one of the dumbest things I've ever done, one of those dumb things were hopping in a car out of fright, which had led me to getting kidnapped and brought to this very same place.

I shuddered at the thought

Why did I agree to this?

I had rounded the back of the building just after I had stealthily (hopefully) made my way to the car and threw the jacket and hat off with an irritating "I'm never wearing that shit again", kicking the heels off and replacing them with a pair of puma, and then I was rounding the back of the building, heading down those same very steps that she had tried so hard to make it out of.

I've been walking almost for a couple minutes now, like 15 or a little longer, constantly glancing around me to keep an eye out for who may be watching or waiting to attack me. Bryn was on the other end of the ear piece connection, he had told me earlier that he wouldn't talk as much, but he'll occasionally come in to warn me or check up on me, and a couple of annoyed whines later I was heading down the hallway filled with cells. And I still had no idea what I was looking for.

I walked slowly, shuddering as I remembered when I was running through this same hall, scared, confused and fearing for my life.

These cells didn't had much people in them, and when there was someone in them they were either curled in on themselves in a corner, or they were fast asleep. My face started to shift into that of discomfort as the majority of people I saw were women, and barely any men. My chest was starting to hurt. But I kept walking through the hall. 

I looked back to see if anyone was following me, or even close by, or to see if I could get a glimpse of a shadow or hear footsteps.

And then,

"Kristie!" a shout of my name and a loud bang on one of the cell bars almost made me jump out of my skin, my head snapped up,  looking to where it had possibly came from.

I stood in a defensive stance, taking the safety off the gun as my hands shook unsteadily when my hand tightened around the grip as I slowly walked to the cell the sound resounded from, and what I saw blew my eyes open

"Leslie??!"

My bestfriend?!

 She looked thinner than she was the last time I saw her, her eyes were puffed up and red, and her clothes were dirty

"Help me!" She had tears rolling down her eyes, and her grip on the the bar was deadly, "Help me please."

"How the heck did you get in here?" I glanced around quickly to see if any of Bryn's uncle's goons were nearby, quickly looking back up at 

"I trust him, I trusted him, I TRUSTED HIM!" she ranted, she was now pacing back and forth around the small cell, with her hands gripping her braids