Chapter 20

It was after 5 O clock and I sat in my room doing what I usually did in this house, overthink. From everything that was happening and what I was going to do,

Will I ever make it out of here? Or is this the new normal or will I eventually be able to make it out of here alive?

I groaned and rolled around in my bed, soft whines escaping my lips as I started to feel a pain in my head. It becomes hard questioning reality every day, and it's just as painful.

My head turned in the direction of my door as I heard footsteps and the slight creaking of loose boards. I sat up in my bed just as Bryn poked his head in my room,

"I need your help,"

"With what?" my eyebrows furrowed, curious with what he may want my help with, he didn't answer, he just beckoned me with his finger to follow him. And I did.

Walking down the stairs, I trailed a little ways behind him and followed his every step until he walked up to the table.

I walked up to it and sat on the opposite side of him,

"So what's up?" I rested my elbows on the table and crossed my arms

"Listen, and listen carefully," he looked and me, and I nodded before he continued, "I know this has absolutely nothing to do with you, but I need your help."

"I'm listening,"

"So my uncle is hosting a party at the hotel and I want you to come with m-"

"Are you crazy?!" I cut him off before he could finish, "You're uncle is after me! If I come with you, BOTH of us will be at risk!"

"I know that it's a big risk," he admittedly nodded his head, "but that's why you'll be in disguise."

I narrowed my eyes at him,

Was he serious? He wants me to wear a disguise?

"You're joking!" I snorted, my hands flailing, "so I'm gonna walk up in this party wearing a clown nose? Because that's what the heck I'm gonna look like,"

"Stop being difficult, you know that's not what I meant,"

"It better don't be," I glared at him

"Straighten out your hair, wear a fashionable wide brim hat, and some makeup would do,"

"What's to say that your uncle wouldn't recognize me even in my 'disguise'?"

"You'll try to stay clear of him then, or just hide in plain sight."

"Bullshit." I spat

"Watch it," he growled

"Why do you even want me to go to this party?" curiosity hit me again,

I highly doubt that he just needed me to go with him because it was his desire. That'd be putting both of us at risk and I would've been hiding for nothing.

"He's hiding something," he took a sip from a cup that was sitting on the table beside him

"And what does that have to do with me?!" my voice started to raise and confusion was heavily laced in my voice

"It doesn't," he said in a nonchalant tone, "but I need you to help me by going down in the warehouse to look and tell me what you see down there."

"Don't you have men that can do that?" I asked, my head vigorously shaking, "This is a death mission."

"If I take you, then you'll be able to sneak down back, stealthily I hope, to the warehouse and look around and tell me what you see. If my uncle sees me and then I suddenly disappear it'll be sketchy to him, but if someone with me disappears I'll just tell him that you had to leave," he smiled at me, "plus you could defend yourself with those gun lessons I had you take."

Oh how I wish I could've wiped that smile off of his face,

"Why didn't you ask Bianca?"

"We're not on good terms."

I sighed and closed my eyes, I wanted him to see how frustrated I was, but that wouldn't help me out of this situation... or maybe I can just say no and continue to keep myself on the down low and out of harm's way. All of this I was thinking, yet I found myself agreeing to the frightful plot,

"When is it?"

"In three hours," he gave me a sheepish grin, while I stared at him with my eyes wide and mouth gaping open

"That's not even enough time to panic," I groaned loudly, throwing my head in my hands

"Well panic while you get ready," he got up and tapped the table, then he said, "I'll let my mother come help get you ready," before he walked away and disappeared in his room.

I have a bad feeling about this.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

About three hours after Bryn decided that he want to send me on a death mission and I somehow agreed, we were sitting in his car cruising down the road, my anxiety getting the best of me as my hands started to shake. I took a deep death and slowly exhaled, rubbing vigorously at my exposed leg.

After I had walked into my room questioning my existence after I had made my decision, it took me an hour to finish panicking and then I started to get ready. I had took a shower and after I came out I straightened my tight curls, and put some before, then I waited for his mother to come as he said that she would. She eventually came and thankfully did my makeup, and she gave me a black mesh dress and a thick black jacket to throw over it, she then handed me some black wedges because I had told her that I can't walk in stilettos, and finally she placed a wide brim floppy hat over my now straight hair. I looked like I was going to a funeral... my own funeral, to be precise.
A breath that I didn't know I was holding escaped my mouth as we pulled up to the old hotel building, and old memories of this place started to come back. I then realized that maybe I didn't want to do this, and I'm definitely not ready to face Bryn's uncle again.

I didn't realize that I was shaking until I felt a hand on my leg, gently squeezing, I looked across at Bryn and he was smiling at me, giving me a reassuring look. I returned the smile and turned my head, looking back at the old hotel building.

"Alright listen up," he started, "we'll go inside together, I'll tell them that you're with me so we could get in. After that I want you to stay as far away from my uncle as possible, he'll come to me and when he does I want you to pretend you're getting drinks for us or something," I nodded so that he would know that I'm listening to him and that I understand what he is saying, "Now here, put this in your jacket."

I looked back at him, he was holding a glock in my direction. Hesitantly, I took his from his hands and shoved it on the inside of my jacket

"Won't we get checked at the door?" I asked as I mimicked his actions of opening the car door and stepping out, he shook his head

"No it's only, and baby...," he paused and looked at me, a smirk on his face, "we're all criminals here."

I shuddered and slowly nodded my head. He rounded to the other side of the car and walked towards me. He placed his hand on the small of my back and gently touched me as we started to walk forward,

"You ready?"

"No."

"Great, let's do this then."