Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Calena's POV

Sitting at my grandma's funeral was hard but getting up to sing was harder.
"Hey everybody. My name is Calena and Margaret's my grandmother. She was really special to me and when she was ill I used to sing this song to her and it used to make her smile so large. I figured this would only be suitable." I grab my guitar from the rack. I start strumming the first few cords before opening my mouth to sing. "He said I've been where you've been before, down every hallway's a slamming door. No way out no one to come and save me, wasted the life that the good lord gave me...." at the end I set my guitar down and run out of the church in tears. I go down to the coffee shop down the road.
"Hey sweetheart." The old lady Madge says from behind the counter.
"Hey Madge. How are you?" I ask wiping my tears.
"I'm content sweetheart. What's wrong? I hear about your grandma, I was going to go but there was no one to look after the shop. She was a fantastic lady and I see her in you every time I see you." I start a new wave of tears and she's quick to wrap her arms around me.
"Let it out.. it's alright, you're okay." She soothes me softly. I sob.
"I'm so sorry, I'm ruining your shirt." I sniffle. Madge rubs my back trying to soothe me. Once I've calmed down enough she offers me a tea. I smile and thank her.
"How's Toronto treating you?"
"Great! I've met my soulmates actually." Her mouth drops open.
"Wait... soulmates? Like as in more than one?"
"Yeah, there's two... look." I pull out my phone and pull up the photo of us three.
"Wow, got some good looking boys. You'll make fine babies." I give her a look.
"Excuse me?" I ask.
"You heard me darling. Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
"It's alright, I just wasn't expecting that comment." I rub under my eyes and the door to the shop opens. I turn around expecting someone I haven't seen in forever but only see my two blond babes.
"Calena." They say in unison. I look at my feet until I feel a kiss on my head.
"Very fine babies indeed." Madge whispers to herself but I still pick up on it and I imagine so do the boys. I stand up and am sandwiched in between the two of them clinging to Alex's body. A fresh set of tears coming to my eyes at the feeling of comfort from his arms.

~ February 28th 2016 ~
"I got called up Cally! I got called up." Will exclaims spinning me in a circle. I kiss him.
"I'm so proud of you my love!" I comment running my fingers through his hair.
"I have to go early tomorrow but I got you tickets along with my family."
"Aww you didn't have to."
"I want you to be there with me. I couldn't have you not be there." He looks down at me.
"Are you sure?" He looks at me like I'm insane.
"Are you feeling okay?"
"Yeah why?"
"You just don't seem to grasp the concept I actually want you at my game."
"I don't want to take valuable tickets." He backs me against the wall.
"You're not taking valuable tickets baby." He strokes my cheek.
"You're valuable to me and that's why I want you to have that ticket. There's nothing more valuable than you." His lips are right there and if I reached up a little further I could kiss them.
"I'm sure there's something more valuable."
"You're one of the reasons this." He places my hand on his chest. "Is beating. Without you it wouldn't beat right." Will keeps getting closer and closer to me. I bite my lip feeling a strong warm body under my fingertips.
"You know what this does to me Caley." Will whispers reaching to pull my lip out of my teeth.
"I don't believe I recall." I whisper trying to gain strength in my voice.
"What? Oh how could you forget!" He makes a 'tsking' noise and I let out a tiny whimper. "Do I need to take you and remind you?"
"No..." I lock eyes with him and he smirks stalking closer to me. Well closer than he was, so practically chest to chest. "What if someone catches us." He leans in to kiss my neck and I bite my lip to keep any sound from escaping.
"Ah ah ah baby girl. That's not what I like to see." He trails up to lips and sucks my lip out from my teeth and in between his. I moan softly letting my head knock back against the wall.
"Shit baby," he chuckles. "If only I had known you were gonna do this I would've done this somewhere softer." I lean in again and connect our lips.
"God you're so hot." I moan softly tugging on the soft blond locks in between my fingers.
"Well I bet you're glad you're mine then." I smile innocently and reverse the roles so he's up against the wall. He's very compliant and I couldn't be any happier. I nibble on the collarbone sticking out from under his shirt. He lets out a groan and I suck on the skin giving that boy a hickey I know he'll get flack for from his teammates.
"Am I interrupting something?" I hear the distinct vice of Michael from behind me. I freeze and turn around to face him, my face beet red.
"I'm happy for you guys but please! I don't want to be a grandfather yet," he jokes. "Oh, by the way. Your mom and sisters are here." I blush deeper and burry my face in his sweater.
"Thanks dad. I'll go say hi in a moment," he chuckles and I hear retreating footsteps.
"That was embarrassing."
"No kidding." I plant a kiss on his shirt where his chest lay below and look up at him. Will's smiling down at me with a dopey grin.
"What?" I ask giggling.
"You're so beautiful."
"Oh stop."
"What you don't believe me?" I look down at the floor. Will grabs my chin and pulls it up so I have to look at him. "Why don't you believe me?" He asks.
"I do, I do believe you." I smile trying to convince him.
"You're such a liar." He shakes his head.
"No I'm not! I'm not lying!" I exclaim turning red.
"If my family wasn't in the other room I would take you upstairs and show you how beautiful you truly are." I whimper at the mere thought of it. "Shall we go?" I glare at him and he just chuckles grabbing my hand.
"Hey you two wait!" Alex yells racing from somewhere in the house to where we were. He grabs my other hand and the three of us walk to the living room where his family was.