Chapter six

Jeanette jumped out of her slumber when she heard a knock at the door, she had been sleeping peacefully, but when she heard someone at the door, she was curious

Jeanette jumped out of her slumber when she heard a knock at the door, she had been sleeping peacefully, but when she heard someone at the door, she was curious. The room was perfectly dark, no hint of light came from the moonless and starless night outside, there was no light in the corridors and it was a dangerously cold night. The door suddenly creaked opened and she sat up like a bullet out of a gun, but she couldn't see anyone there. Frowning, she got out of bed, standing there shivering in her night gown, before wrapping a dressing gown around her shoulders. She began creating a small ball of light to see if she could see something, maybe find out what was there.

"Hello?" She asked tentatively, before turning around, she could hear someone breathing and she wanted to know who was there, and why they were there. It unnerved her that there was something in her room and she didn't know what it was, or why it was.

She let out a scream as a calloused hand wrapped around her mouth and she was lifted off her feet, however her scream was highly muffled and no one heard her. She heard the trapdoor open and as she fought to get away, she hit he head on the side of the door and dizzily tried again to get away. Upon realising that she had been released, she took two steps and fell into the hole, missing the ladder and hitting the ground, head first. She lost consciousness immediately.

^^^
"Ow." Jeanette grumbled loudly, as she let out a groan, opening her eyes and staring at her surroundings, there wasn't much to see, as she was sat in pitch black darkness. The only indication to anyone else being around her was the fact that she could hear chains moving across from her, and with the temporary loss of her sight, her other senses had been heightened, and her hearing was picking up more things now, she could hear each breath the person opposite her took, and she assumed that it was the same for them.

"Jenny? Thank god you're awake! I thought they'd done something to you." Cameron's voice cut sharply through the silence, he seemed to be chained up opposite her, she could hear his voice clearly and hear the chains moving, she frowned, before trying to move, and realising she too was chained up, but she couldn't feel them, it took her a moment to realise they merely rested on top of the sleeve of her dressing gown. She was glad she still wore it, as it was cold down in the tunnels, as that was where Jeanette had guessed they were.

"Cameron? How did we get down here? Have they got any of the others?" She began questioning him at once, he shook his head at her, but upon realising she couldn't see him, he spoke.

"Jenny, Jenny calm down, I don't know how they got us down here, and they have Ethan, they took him out of here a few minutes before you woke up. They don't have Nathan. And it is them, it is Miss Eagle and Miss Cuckoo." She froze, trying to comprehend what he had just informed her.

"She's really back." Jeanette whispered, fear in her voice, Cameron nodded again, he wasn't used to being in all darkness and attempting to communicate with someone at the same time.

"I thought we were finally safe Jenny, but no, she's back, we were never really safe, she'll always chase us, until we get rid of her, for good." He said. She nodded.