Chapter eleven

"This whole thing, it's a bad idea

"This whole thing, it's a bad idea." Jeanette stated, Enoch looked at her in surprise.

"What do you mean?" He asked her, she sighed.

"I fear we're going to walk right into a trap." She told him, he frowned at her, but then nodded.

"It's highly likely." He agreed, looking back down at his work. Jeanette sighed again and got up, pushing her stool away from the table and walking to the window. Enoch watched her for a moment, then he followed her, standing beside her casually.

"Everything that happened with Ethan made me realise, we depend on our ymbrynes too much, we go blindly to save them, not even stopping to think that we may have taken the bait, and we are leading ourselves straight into the fisherman's net." She said, Enoch frowned thoughtfully, his mind going over what she had just said.

"That's true, but what can we do? They want us to help them, they'll probably accuse us of mutiny or something similar." He said, she nodded.

"True as that may be, perhaps we could look ahead, maybe if we know what is to come, we can help fight it, keep us safe, maybe even give us an advantage." She mused. "Maybe we don't have to go into this blind."

"What are you saying?" He asked her, she turned to face him.

"We need to talk to Horace." She said, he nodded.

"Jenny?" He asked her, taking hold of her hand, she looked at him, wondering what he was about to say.

"I- I... I'm here for you. I'll go with you, if..." He trailed off, but he didn't have to finish his sentence for her to know what he meant. She smiled at him.

"Why thank you Enoch, that means a lot." She told him, kissing his cheek as a token of her thanks, before turning and heading to the door. He followed her, forcing the blush that had crept onto his cheeks away.

The two arrived outside Horace's door a moment later. They could hear quiet talking from inside. Jeanette walked up to the door and knocked loudly.

The door opened a moment later, revealing Horace stood in the doorway, his suit was, as always, perfect. "Please, come in." He said grandly, letting them in. Josef was sat on one of the seats inside. Both Jeanette and Enoch took the two other remaining seats, whilst Horace sat on his bed.

"Hey Joe!" Jeanette greeted him, he gave her a small smile and waved back.

"Hey Jenny, Enoch." He greeted them, a ripple of electricity shuddered through his body. Both Horace and Jeanette looked at him in concern.

"Joe?" Horace asked, at the same time Jeanette asked: "Are you alright?"

Josef nodded. "I'm fine." He nodded with a small smile.

"So what do I owe the pleasure?" Horace turned back to Jeanette and Enoch.

"We wish to know if you have any idea about what's to come?" Enoch asked, Jeanette nodded.