Entry 23

ENTRY 23

My encounter with Raymond Hatton not only opened my eyes, but it slapped me of reality.

I'm not the only one who lives a double life. Monica was remembered as the perfect daughter and perfect student. Her flaws are unknown to everyone. No one really came to remember any of her faults. All they saw was the perfection sitting in front of her pain.

It left me wondering what life should be.

"Nina!" I heard someone call me from my back and I saw William approaching the locker area. His hair is the same wavy dirty blonde. His eyes remain piercing. His smile remains lethal and his warmth still makes me feel tiny electric shocks.

"William, hi." I said. I finished gathering my books and closed my locker. I shoved all my books in my backpack.

"You weren't picking up my calls yesterday. Are we okay?" I was driving. God I forgot to call him back.

"I was out of town. I have to attend some errands for my mother. I'm really sorry. Can I make it up to you with dinner? How does that sound?" I sweetly smiled at him and he just pinched my nose and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me on the lips and I saw Teresa gasped on the corner of my eye. She tried hiding it and I pretended that she wasn't there.

"Sounds amazing. Can we stop by my apartment? I have to go get the car." He told me.

"No need. I have a car now. Mom got me one two weeks ago. I would love to drive this handsome man for dinner. If this handsome man only approves." He just chuckled.

"Of course."

Then I heard Teresa clear her throat. She had makeup perfectly on her face. Her mane is in a high pony and she's wearing her usual cashmere sweater and expensive purse. I can see she's not delighted to have me around her brother. I don't know what's her problem. Is the call of incest getting stronger right now? She wanted me to date him and now this? She doesn't have the slightest right to be this jealous. Her behavior is rather ghastly.

"Will, I thought it's bowling night with your friends?" She asked, with eyes hoping for his affirmative response.

"I could never choose bowling over my lovely girl. I'm having dinner with her tonight so just tell them if you happen to see one of the guys. We have to go, sis." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I turned around.

"Bye Teresa! Drive safely!" I know I sounded like a fake bitch but maybe I am. Teresa is getting a little hostile towards me and I can't help but notice. She hates me. She hates the fact that his pretty little brother is already wrapped around my finger.

The weather's getting warmer and it's good for us. We can stay late outside without the chance of getting colds.

"What do you like to eat, handsome?" I asked him as we walk on the parking lot.

"Anything." He said.

I took a deep breath. "Like me?"

We both stopped walking and I felt his breath quickened. He swallowed a lump and can't even manage to look at me. I giggled. "I was joking, William. You don't have to feel nervous and all." I faced him and cupped his face.

"William I was jo-" Then he kissed me; the kind that sends a thousand electric shocks to my body. His hands wrapped my waist and I felt him pulling me towards him.

"Nina... I like you a lot. You drive me insane. I sometimes think I'm not worthy of this attention. You are beautiful, smart and amazing." My heart stopped. That was the first love confession I had ever heard. My cheeks went hot and stomach went knots.

"Me too. I like you a lot, William. I really like you a lot. Is that okay? Or was it too fast? I know it sounds weird but... I'm expecting you to like me even more." He smiled and slightly massaged my nape.

"I already like you a lot. I can't help but fall in love with you. You make me feel so happy."

He's in love with me and I remembered Teresa.

Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.

Love, Nina