2

Lunch went by quickly for the teens, soon last period came from around the corner exciting the children. Any minute now that obnoxiously loud bell will ring and lead the kids to their 'freedom'.

"It's almost Thanksgiving students." Mrs. Jones announced happily to her class. Everyone liked Mrs. Jones, she was a 56 year old woman that looked around 48 or so and was full of joy.

"I want the give you all a project. This will be due 1 month and 2 weeks from now. You will have to write letters to the partner I pick for you, don't worry it doesn't have to be about every single thing you do that week. It could just be you saying I ate lasagna for the past 11 months and now I want spaghetti. Just at least write 2 letters a week. At end of the project I would love to know what you learned about your partner."

At this point Henry and Charlotte, who had both been surprised to have this class together considering the fact they never noticed each other, tuned Mrs. Jones out. They thought about what they might write about.

I can't say any mafia shit.

I don't think I could tell about my home.

"And finally Henry and Charlotte! You two will be partners."  Mrs. Jones beamed clapping her hands in excitement just as the bell rang.

"Remember students! I picked your partners because I wanted you to get to know your classmates better. Don't push anyone away, you here?" Mrs. Jones reminded her students as they filed out of her classroom for the day.

I just may be comfortable saying some mafia shit.

I most likely won't say anything about my home, but if it happens, it just happens.

Charlotte scurried out of the door giving Henry one last look before she left.

Henry gave her one in return once she turned away.

"She's pretty adorable." Henry said to himself smiling, chucking a little before picking up his bag and walking out of the class also.

Mrs. Jones just sat back in her desk smirking, watching it all unfold.

"I still got it!" She said to herself in her now empty classroom.