Chapter 13

When the two of you finally got back to the bonfire, Zayn had left. You were upset because you really liked him; but leaving for this long with Liam must have given him the wrong impression. Liam sensed that you were worried about getting home, so he brought you back to his car. When you were about to protest, he shushed you.

"My house is only twenty minutes away from yours, so I'll take you home. Don't worry" Liam told you. You nodded and slowly drifted off to sleep...

A little while later, Liam shook you awake. "We're going to be at your house in just a few minutes."

You rubbed your eyes and stared out the window until you pulled up to your house. Harry and his friends were sitting on your porch, and you knew already that something bad was going to happen when he saw you with Liam. When Harry saw the car pull up, he noticed who was driving and angrily started walking towards the car.

"What the hell is he doing here!?" Harry yelled, pounding on the door. Luckily it was locked, but you didn't want him to damage Liam's car.

"Harry it's fine! He just brought me home!" you tried to explain, but with every passing second, he was losing all self-control.

"Y/N, get the fuck out of the car" he said through gritted teeth.

"Shut up Styles" Liam bravely said, rolling down the driver's side window.

Harry's eyes were ablaze with rage. "I swear if you say one more thing Payne, I'm going to rip your head off!" he yelled.

Liam rolled his eyes and didn't show any signs of weakness. He always stood up for himself, and that was what made the two of you such good friends.

"Y/N, why are you even with him? Don't you remember what he did to you?" Harry asked, trying to draw a wedge in between the two of you.

"She forgave me idiot" Liam laughed. You shot him a shut-the-hell-up-before-you-get-hurt look, but he either didn't catch it, or didn't care.

Now Harry was absolutely furious. "That's it. Get the fuck out of the car Liam!"

Liam calmly started unbuckling his seat belt. "Liam please!" you plead, tears streaming down your face. He just shook his head and stepped out of the car to face his attacker. The minute he stepped out of the car, Harry punched him in the jaw. He tackled Liam and started punching him over and over again until Liam could barely keep his eyes open.

"Harry stop!" you yelled, getting out of the car. You went over to where Harry was and started punching him in the head. He got off of Liam and turned to you.

"Don't EVER hit me again!" he yelled in your face. The blind rage he was experiencing was apparent.

You sighed. "I know I'm in trouble, just let me take him home first" you said as you struggled to pick his bloody body up. After much straining, you managed to help him up and walk him over to his car. The keys were in the ignition, so you started it up and drove him back to the address he mentioned to you earlier. When you finally got back to his house, he was fully conscious, but it was difficult for him to walk.

"My... r... room is up...stairs... to the... right..." he managed to croak out as you helped him into his house. You nodded and led him up the stairs to his room. You laid him down on his bed and took a look around his room. There were Batman things everywhere! Same old dorky Liam, you chuckled to yourself.

"Really Liam? Batman?" you laughed.

"Ugh just shut up and help me!" he groaned.

Laughing, you went into his bathroom and wet a towel so you could clean him off. Every time you touched the towel to one of his cuts, he winced in pain.

"Oh suck it up Payne. I told you not to get out of the car" you sighed.

"Y/N, I had to" he said. "Remember in middle school how you used to call me your Superman?"

Of course you remembered. He was always there to protect you, no matter what. You put the towel down and looked into his eyes.

"You always called me that. I had no other choice but to protect you" he weakly smiled.

Tears flowed to your eyes. "Liam, I'm so sorry for tonight."

He shook his head and sat up. "No. Tonight was my fault. I got myself into this. Y/N, I'm sorry."

You could tell he really was sorry, for everything. "Liam, lay back down. I know you're sorry."

"Y/N?" he asked.

"Yeah?" you said.

"If I could take back that night, I would. I truly am sorry about everything. But... I'm completely unable to care for myself right now so... could you maybe please stay the night?" he asked, batting his eyelashes and putting on his endearing puppy dog face.

You laughed at how ridiculous he looked, and he joined in. His laugh sounded painful, but it was still nice for you to hear. It had been too long since you'd heard Liam laugh. Harry and his wrath were still in the back of your mind, but you shook it off and laid down next to him.

****************************************

Thank you so much everyone for being patient with me. I've been studying for my ACT so its taken a lot longer than it should have for me to write this. Anyway, if you're still reading, then I love you so much it's crazy! Congrats to kenziiiie for getting the song of the week last week. This week's song:

Don't get me started love

I've had too much to drink

Had too much time to think

So leave me alone

Cryin when you're by yourself,

Cus of what they think

About you

Makes time go slow, slow, slow

Slow

First person to guess the song gets a dedication! Good luck!