Chapter 24 Working on the inside

He got away. Figures.

Being confined to a damn bed, for two weeks, with no walking around has made me bitter and stiff as fuck. I am grouchy beyond words and itching to do something. But no, no one will let me do shit all. After I woke up, and the initial freaking out was over, the coddling began. “Do you need anything?” “What can we get you” “Were here for you” “Don’t move, you have us”

This was pretty much all I heard, and I was about to snap a cap in someones ass pretty soon. I sighed, I knew it wasn’t their faults for tiptoeing and such, but I was so done with this. The freaking Doc said I could get up, and that it would be good for the babies.

Daddy and Pen were on the next plane out here as soon as Cay called them. Daddy has hardly left my side, but told me how scared he was and how much he loved me over and over. I told him what happened, and in all honesty it freaked me out when my big strong, Alpha Daddy broke down in front of me. I saw him cry the night I came to him, but he was being strong for me, but the night he came in my room to see me..... I had never felt like a worse daughter before.

It took me almost two hours to calm him down saying I was alive and the babies are fine. I didn’t mind, it felt good to be needed and to do something. And that was the last time I’ve been needed in two weeks.

And back to my first topic. He got away. Miguel had eluded the teams, even after being chased down, he just..... disappeared. I wasn’t really worried, but at the same time, I was terrified. I knew some of his plans, though I can't be sure they were honest, but I got the gist of it- He wanted his fathers tittle.

Marcus has been great, I told them all about what happened and what I learned. I couldn’t elaborate on much but I did try. I also tried to find his thread, I knew it was still there, but it was like it was just out of my reach.

The main thing that got my attention about the thread..... it turned red. A golden red. I didn’t know what that meant, I mean its not like I got a fucking handbook saying ' how to read your threads' so I had no idea. I knew some basics, Blue was calm people, people who were good at helping calm others, a natural ability, like Cay, his line was blue. Green was strength, like the enforcers and guards, anyone in that position was green, like Ash. He didn’t have a tittle but he was strong in that sense, he was my guard, enforcer he was all of it. That’s why Cay and him went well together.

Cay could calm us both down, knew what to say, how to diffuse certain situations, he was great in all ways. Ash was perceptive and defensive, courageous and heady when needed. My boys were my balance.

We had all been working on solutions and possible outcomes, possible attacks all that jazz. I was there for the most part but I would space out, my mind wondering back to that room and what he did. He could have killed my babies.

Shaking my head of all the thoughts coming to me now I looked back around my stupid fake hospital room. On the surface it looked like a regular room. Underneath? Well it was everything but. My room was fitted for a war zone, I had weapons at the ready, I had several panic buttons placed in the room. I had alarms to even shitter. It was decked out with everything a paranoid person would need. And guess what.... I wasn’t the paranoid one. Cay was.

I love him dearly but oh my god I want to kill him. I am more stressed now then I was with Miguel. This is just ridiculous, he has gone way over board. Ash, Daddy and Marcus have tried to talk to him, telling him how I don’t need all this. If he just left me a gun and a knife I would be fine, long range and hand to hand, all taken care of.