Chapter 28 The painful views

 Caution Mature Content - Violence

I laid motionless, holding back my pain filled moans and groans and Miguel stalked towards me. I didn’t shrink back like I wanted to I just laid there. I was in a way, really hoping my night in shining armour would come running in. Stupid I know, but come on, I'm about to pop out two kids, there’s not much I can do for myself.

“You stupid bitch. Did you really think I would let you get away with it?” I could tell that most of his sanity was gone with the lack of the bond, but I could also see he was holding on as strong as he could, he had a goal in mind for me after all, he didn’t want to spoil it I'm sure.

“I” I gasped as a contraction hit, making my body huddle its self together a bit, as the pain ebbed away “Don’t know what your talking about” I finished as my muscles relaxed to a dull pain. Sighing I uncurled my legs and laid them back down.

“I know you did it. I don’t know how but I know it was you, and for that you will watch as I peel every inch of flesh from you new born babies” he seethed stepping up to me, I flinched the tiniest amount as he moved his hand but tried to stay still for the blow. Sure enough it hadn’t been for nothing as his hand swung and landed a punch to my face, making black spots appear in my vision.

My head swam for a few seconds, but I didn’t cry out at the hit. I had been training a hell of a long time, no way would I show weakness again. I received another hit just below the last. I bit my tongue to hold the cry this time, that one hurt way worse as the hit came on a contraction.

“Get away from me” I breathed out, trying to sound forceful, but it was weak, I was getting weak.

“I think not, you pet, will drop the lot, watch them die and then you yourself will very slowly die. I have some very good ideas for you. In fact I think just for the fun of it I will do a part now.” with that he strolled over to a dresser on the other side of the room. My heart was beating frantically, i was scared shitless. I tried to control myself as a few minutes later a contraction hit. They were spaced about four minutes, and as weird as this sounds, I was hoping that it would be a lot more hours before they came. If they come soon I wont be able to protect them, they needed to stay inside me to be safe.

Miguel had been looking in all the drawers when his head snapped around to look at me, a sinister smile stretched his lips. I knew I was in trouble, I felt my blood run cold at the look he gave me.

I knew I couldn’t move and whatever he was going to do I just had to hold myself as best as I could, or it could harm the babies if I panic. I needed to stall as long as I possibly can.

“Why do you need to kill me?” I asked in a whisper. Maybe if I can occupy him long enough the boys can get here.

He laughed, a loud-ear-cracking laugh that made you want to spit on him “I need to kill you because you will change things. And I” he said stepping closer “don't want them to change, because I” another step “want to destroy most of it, but if you go and start changing things” another step “then the were community will realize just how powerful they are and my forces wont be able to take them on.” he came to a stand next to the bed, a scalpel twirling in his hand “For now they are being taken out by their heirs, if all the young filth are gone, they will have no choice but to obey me, or all their children will die, before they hit the floor. Kind of like what will happen to you.”

I held as still as possible as he lowered his hand and scalpel to my arm, sliding it slowly across not tearing the skin yet. I looked into his eyes, trying to find my thread, but nothing came. I felt a burning sensation and tore my eyes away from his to look at my arm. He had cut me. One long slice down the length of my arm. I held my lips together as the pain doubled as he slid another vertical line next to it. Shit that hurt like a bitch. The smile on his face made me sick to my stomach, I turned my head to the side and threw up, splashing some on him. I smiled internally, good.