Questions

Riley

"Why are you saying these things in front of everyone?" Riley asked.

"I froze them." Bella said.

"I'm lost..." Riley said. She had the sudden urge to run for the door.

"OK, see your mom and I were once really good friends. Until something bad happened. That I apparently caused." Bella replied. "Don't even try to run."

"Then why are you posing as a dance instructor from Juilliard?"

"Oh I'm not posing, this is my job. My family and I will be moving to Vermont very soon. Actually we'll be neighbors.And I was a dance instructor for 8 years." Bella added.

Riley stood there confused. She really wondered how much this woman really knew about her.

"Maybe I should ask  my mom." Riley thought.

"Well?" Bella asked.

"Unfreeze them and let's continue with this." Riley said.

Bella nodded and unfroze everyone in the room.

"Can we see you dance?" Sarah asked.

"Yes." Riley  said.

Riley left the office with the people following her closely. Riley hooked her ipod up to the system.

"And you will be dancing to?" Bailey asked.

"Moonlight Sonata." Riley replied.

"That's a very risky move for dancing?" Bella said. "Not many dancers choose his works."

"Yes.I know but, it speaks to me."

"Very well."

As Miss Koff started the music for Riley, millions of questions went through her head. When the first note of the song began, Riley gracefully moved across the floor with her arms flowing. Spinning, she focused hard on not having a vision and luckily, she didn't. As the song came to an end, she heard tracks mixing. Looking over at her teacher,Miss Koff winked at her. The woman had never really shown affection towards anyone except Riley and a few other girls. The next track was something by Paramore, Riley couldn't recognize it but she went with the fast beat. Dancing on her toes Riley did a jump that she landed perfectly.

As the song came to an end Riley held her pose for a few moments.

Bella,Sarah and  Bailey all stood up and applauded her.

"Well, done Riley." Sarah said.

"Do you have a decision?" Miss Koff asked the three teachers.

"Yes, Pacific Northwest is willing to offer you 20,000 scholarship and your own dorm room." Bailey announced.

"Julliard is offering a full ride scholarship and dorm. Plus you'll have access to doing 6 months with the Russian Company." Bella offered.

Riley stood there for a moment thinking about where she should go. She wanted to be close to home,but also wanted to do something different.  Inner turmoil clouded her brain as she thought.

"Can I call my mom?" Riley asked.

"Yes, of course dear." Miss Koff allowed.

Riley left the studio and entered the locker room looking for her bag. Opening her bag Riley pulled out her IPhone. Pressing 2 on her speed dial Riley waited for her mother to answer.

"Hello?" Her mother answered.

"Mom? Hi, I just wanted to let you know that Julliard and Pacific Northwest have offered me each a scholarship. But Julliard's looks more promising than the other one. What should I do? " Riley asked.