Chapter 1: Bad Day Turns to Good

(*Hiccup is at the age in the second movie, no glasses.* Also I apologies for how the Russian is spoken)

"Why me?" was the first thing the skinny, brown hair, teenager named Hiccup thought. Lying on the couch, his face pushed farther into the pillow. Hiccup was a person you would call a genius with low status. He was thin and gangly with some muscle due to working on his own little projects. His brown shaggy hair went over his green eyes.

He worked at the Washington, DC museum, but not as an Educator. Sadly he was a boiler man. For crying out loud he was a scholarly genius. He graduated college at the age of fourteen. He sought out to be an archaeologist like his father, Stoic Haddock.

His father was a world renowned archaeologist, who strived to find the impossible. Too bad that the reputation the man build came crumbling down when he started his search for the city of Atlantis when Hiccup was at the age of seven. People at first thought it would be interesting to find stories about the mythological city. But soon interest turned into an obsession that drove people away. Stoic wanted to prove that Atlantis was a real city. This lead to not only loss in faith from the community but also the funds that funded him only came to small amounts. They barely got by, but one day, when Hiccup reached the age of ten, somehow Stoic gotten lots of money and would go off saying he had to meet with someone.

Sadly, no one still wanted to work with the crazy man, so it was left to his son, Hiccup, who as well became fascinated by the lost empire. Thanks to his father for telling him stories of the lost city, Hiccup put all his work into his studies and together they worked to find any clues to the city. It wasn't until Hiccup's eighth birthday that his father told him about the Shepard's Journal.

Many believed the book was just a myth. A false tale of a lone book that held the secrets to Atlantis.

Hiccup wanted to help his father in any way he could. That's why for the past six years he put himself into school work which actually help him finish high school by the age of 12 and college two years after. If finishing school meant having time to help his father and find the city they both crave, he would do it. But on the day he graduated college, some strange people dressed in black suits came to his house. They told his father had died in an accident. After that, all he could remember from that day was his father's friend would look after him and supply him with everything he would ever need.

Hiccup never met the man. He was Hiccup's daddy long leg. On the day of the funeral, only a minimal of people showed up, but he still heard the comments that he and his father heard all through their lives. Saying how his father was a disturbed man. A fool for believing in such a tale. And that how he died was very sad. Pity for his son to be left alone.

After that day, Hiccup felt a boil of rage inside, that made him put more effort into finding Atlantis. There was no book, stone, or artifacts unturned in his quest to find the city. Even with the money he received on a daily bases from the mysterious man, Hiccup still wanted to earn money on his own. So when he reached the age of sixteen he search for a job at the museum. The only problem was that because of his father reputation and by the rumors that were going around that Hiccup was following in his father's footsteps as well, could only acquire him one job, a boiler man. He was lucky that he was able to do it, do to his hobby of inventing and fixing the old house's boiler. It wasn't all bad since he was able to work in the space. Just as long as he never bothered them or the visitors with his crazy nonsense.

But today was different. The directors and financiers were going to allow an audience with him. He had his brilliant presentation all set up. He had his artifacts lined up and inside his workshop he started rehearsing. The board had a map on one side and strange letters on the other. It was all too perfect, with his audience to the board and his proposal of finding the journal to Atlantis. He could finally prove that his father and him were right about Atlantis being real.