Chapter 5: Dragons and Betrayal

They walked through the crowded streets, talking to each other about everything. As they walked, they met up with the rest of the gang. Snotlout, the twins and Mildew were looking at tattoos.

"Look at those tattoos"

"That's nothing" Mildew lifted his shirt up. "See, I've got all the states here. Dance rode island"

Snotlout was going to puke but the twins on the other hand looked at the old man's bouncing tummy with awe.

xxxxxxxx

Later, they met up with Astrid and Gobber for lunch. Hiccup let Jack continue as he tried to figure out how the utensils worked. After a while he gave up and just ate with his hands. Jack began to laugh at the boys antiques.

The other two, were different with the food. Astrid got sick a couple times when the women kept passing bowls of unusual food to them.

"Don't forget to eat the heads" Gobber swallowed the live head down. "That's where the nutrients are"

Astrid was going to hurl as she passed her plate to the twins when they sat down to join them.

xxxxxxxxxx

After a while, the two boys left the street and were now climbing up the large stone rocks. They were using the vines and cracks to get up to the top. Jack wanted to show Hiccup something that he would like. When they reached the top, Hiccup gasped at the site. Tears escaped his eyes.

"You know. My father would tell me stories about this place. Man if..." Hiccup wiped his eyes as he turned to scan the area until he saw Jack. "If he could see me WOAH!"

A beautiful light aqua dragon that looked out of something from a storybook or even the ones that they said existed in medieval times, was next to Jack light blue, grey and white was its colors. Wings spread from the back of the feminine serpent's thin body and white belly. A saddle was on her back along with a bridle on her head with reins connecting to it.

"This is Amphitrite" Jack patted the dragon as it buried its head in Jack's arms. "She's my ice dragon"

"You're what?" Hiccup tried to get a little closer to the beast and boy. "You ride dragons"

"Well, I do..."Jack watched as Hiccup tried to pet her when she snapped at the boy. "Sorry about that. Dragons are wilder now and are not used to human touch"

"Really. I didn't notice" Hiccup looked at his fingers to make sure they were all still there. Then he looked back at Jack. "But she likes you"

"Yes, we have become close" They're foreheads touched as the dragons started to purr. "Besides" Jack pulled his head away and leaned to look at Hiccup. "She has someone who already desires her"

Hiccup turned to look to where Jack was looking and next to him was a giant black salamander like dragon. "Holy" Hiccup jumped in fear of the thing attacking him. The creature just stared back at him, green eyes wide and curious.

"Funny. That dragon doesn't get close to anybody. Well, except me since Amphitrite is the dragon he likes." Jack tried to think.

For some reason when Hiccup looked into the creature's eyes, he saw something. His hand seemed to move on its own. The creature stared at him before letting out small growl. Hiccup thought for a minute and closed his eyes. The dragon started to calmed down. Hand still out, the dragon pressed its head into Hiccup's. He opened his eyes as he let out a gasp. He fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around the creature. "You've been alone for long time haven't you?"