Angels fall too, my darling

READ STUFF AT BOTTOM!!!

HARRY

He watched her leave, seeing her bunny slippers disappear and the door close with a small snap. The paper still clutched in his hand as he stared at it and observed the crumpled paper, the tiny bit of coffee on the corner and the small rips on the edges. Slowly he began to unfold it, pulling the edges gently until they came apart and he straightened it, staring at the word she wrote at the top of the page in gentle cursive.

Hey Angel.

It was perfect.

He remembered the time his mother picked him up after he fell off the slide at the park. He must have been only four or five. Angels sometimes fall too, she said as he rubbed his wet eyes. His knee was a little grazed so she knelt down and kissed it better, her dark brown hair wiping on the wet grass but she didn't care at all. She just wanted her little angel to be happy. Harry remembered her loving smile as she brushed him off and kissed his nose repeatedly until his pouty frown turned into a cheeky smile and giggles were expelled from his tiny mouth. Her green eyes were beautiful, her long, dark hair complimenting her facial structure, dimples slightly prominent on her cheeks when she smiled. She was the reason why he looked up to the sky and held onto his past.

She was the only women he had ever been in love with, his beautiful mother.

Of course the song was about her, about the women who brought him into this world, ignoring the threats and the remarks and the rumours about her baby's father and how he came to be. She was only 16 but to her, Harry was the best thing to ever happen in her life. He never knew his father; he didn't even know if he even knew Harry existed but Harry didn't care. He was angry for being left fatherless, to not have a man in his life, but his mother was everything he could've asked for. And more.

He was 15 when he first found out. He came home from school one day to find her, lying on the floor unconscious. His panicked yells alerted the neighbours and she was rushed to hospital, her terrified son never letting her cold hand go in the back of the ambulance. She awoke a few days later and they discovered the cancer in her brain, they told her it was too late.

The next several months were spent in and out of hospital and Harry soon came to despise the clean, sterile place, but for his mother's sake he endured it, spending many nights sleeping in plastic chairs, just to be the first thing his mother sees whenever she woke in the mornings. All  because he knew she loved nothing more than her teenage boy. She wished for nothing more than to see him smile, and she received one every single morning, but she saw the pain behind it. Just like any mother would.

Yet he kept smiling, until the very last day.

He was only sixteen, and an orphan.

The funeral was lonely, just his Aunt, Uncle and a couple of family friends and neighbours. The chapel was tiny and the coffin was dark wood with dazzling white lilies on top. Lid closed.

Now it was rotting in the ground in Holmes Chapel, an entire continent away.

That was when his aunt stepped in, taking the scared sixteen-year-old under her wing and bringing him back with her to America. He was so quiet before then, he sat in the corner of classes, never saying a word, afraid to ask for a pencil, sitting alone at lunch reading a book and eating a homemade sandwich while the other children had cafeteria food. Like a wallflower at a party. He wasn't one to flirt, sleep around, drink or do drugs like the other boys who all had lip piercings. He was simple, a little insecure and alone, but back then he liked the comfort of silence. He was beautiful though, his insecurities stopped him from seeing it, but everyone else could.