That seat's taken

HARRY

The only source of light, the spotlight, went out as soon as he pulled the trigger, puncturing the light that was on the roof, which showered the crowd below in shards of glass. There was a loud bang as Niall's second set of explosives exploded by the door. That was the backup plan that Harry encouraged they prepare for, but they hoped they wouldn't have to use it.

There were yells and the sound of bodies hitting the floor, the darkness betraying many as they fired into oblivion. Harry immediately grabbed Elena's hand in the dark, pulling her through the kitchen and towards the back, almost knocking over a waitress on the way. Elena's heels caused her to lose balance briefly as they ran. Smashing through the backdoor they found themselves in a dirty alleyway.

He clutched her waist as they jumped off the ledge and onto the dirty tarmac, hearing her grunt at the impact. The plan failed. Kane was dead and they still hadn't gotten any closer to finding Chloe.

Niall could be dead inside and Zayn was back. After all this time they thought Zayn was gone for good, his betrayal still fresh in the mind of Tomlinson Co. and Harry knew it was bad. If Niall got the message through, Louis would be shooting his own men by now.

Harry groaned, still holding Elena's hand in his, pulling her up and yanking his mask from his face as he propelled forward. They ran a few blocks down, the bright roads almost desolate in the late hours but the buildings around were full. Elena's panting becoming loud and strained as they stopped, but Harry hadn't even broken out into a sweat. Her face was contorted in pain as her brown hair fell out of the messy ponytail.

Her dress was hitched up over her mid-thigh from when she ran, but she was too focused on breathing properly to fix it. She leaned over, heaving slightly as Harry sighed and gently lifted her hair from her face as she continued to vomit on the foot path.

"Never, again," she managed to cough out as she rested her hands on her knees and tried to catch her breath. Harry looked around, feeling too exposed in the streets as cars zipped past and distant sirens were heard.

"Sweetheart, we're not even getting started," he said, taking her hand, "we're too exposed. We have to go," he added.

He pulled her along, ignoring her swearing as they ran down the street again, "We had a car, but it's back at the building and we can't go back. We have to get back to Louis." Elena huffed, her breathing becoming strained as they jogged along, her heels in her hand.

The city was loud, with neon signs and music bleeding from numerous clubs. A drunk man walked in front of them at one point, his glassy eyes seeing Elena and he yelled crude comments at her. Harry growled as Elena yelped, the man's hand meeting her rear with a smack.

Another loud smack echoed down the street and mingled with the laughter coming from a bar further down. Harry blinked. "El, Holy-"

"Shut up," she groaned, massaging her hand, "I can protect myself, Styles."

Harry laughed, staring at the man who now lay asleep in the gutter as Elena grabbed his hand and pulled him along. They walked down the streets as women in short dresses and young men with glassy eyes walked past, the drinks from last night and earlier this morning on their breath and laughter on their lips.

"Here," Harry mumbled, grabbing Elena's arm as he pulled her into a small pub, its dim lights and grimy tables making her wrinkle her nose as they sat down in a corner. Harry let out a breath of air, checking the area before turning his attention to his jacket. He shifted slightly, pulling his headset from around his neck and throwing it on the table, the earphone crushed and the wires spilling out.