Don't look now, but he's staring at you

ELENA

A hand curled around her waist pulling her along as they entered the hotel, the guard had jumped back, immediately letting them through, his eyes full of fear.

Her saviour was a man. Another British man. His tan skin and black hair the only two main features she could see, he wore a plain mask of black covering his eyes and a deep red suit. It reminded Elena of blood.

As he turned to her she caught a glimpse of his hazel eyes and a structured jaw with light stubble. He was incredibly handsome.

"Do not be angry with the guards, they're just doing their job," he spoke, his voice soft and deep, alluring. The corner of his lips turned up into a slight smirk as his golden eyes flitted over Elena's figure.

She didn't dare break eye contact with him, he was observing her too well. Instead she smiled slightly, letting a small breath of air out. Speak as little words as possible.

The man smiled at her playfully, but there was something else. An edge of danger in the way his lips moved, Elena swallowed nervously, he frightened her. His dark eyes held no amusement or even the slightest glimpse of happiness as he stared at her.

They were dark and golden, shining bright but also incredibly dull, like a man who has died inside, leaving an empty shell. The only thing holding him together being hatred and greed and a thirst for power.

She liked reading people.

"I guess you must know Mr Kane," he continued in a slow and confident voice, turning away slightly as the two of them neared a refreshment's table and stopped. "well, I guess everyone here does. It's funny. He wishes to kill us all yet he decides to wine and dine us as friends more often than he attempts to kill us."

The man laughed, as if he was amused by the fact that he was partying with and surrounded by his enemies. At least two hundred murderers in a single space.

"But they say only one out of hundred people are truly mad, psychotic." He hummed, hazel eyes behind his mask gazing out at the many people before them, grinning.

Elena grabbed a glass of champagne, sipping on it as she stood silently, praying she could find a reason to leave this terrifying man. Her skin grew goosebumps and she turned to look at him again, finding him already staring, tanned skin and stubble glinting in the low light as he smiled, but his mouth remained shut.

Her company smirked, sipping bubbly champagne from a glass fluke as Elena stared at him, meeting his gaze. He smacked his lip and put his hand out, the dame deadly smile on his face once again.

"I must say, it is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman," he bowed his head slightly, "even if she does not speak.
"But I suppose you do not trust me, I understand. Honestly, you look like such an innocent thing, I'd hate to meet the real you, sweetheart."

He took her hand, kissing her fingers lightly as she smiled before he straightened up and turned away, taking a step before turning back to her.

"...I'm Zayn. Zayn Malik. My real name." he nodded, deadly eyes glinting. "Goodnight."

With that, he strode away, leaving Elena trembling and quite out of breath.

HARRY

Niall left soon after they got inside, muttering something about micro-explosives and champagne as his blond head disappeared in the direction of the bar.

The room was spectacular, low lights swung above their head, tables lined the walls covered in assorted drinks and snacks as waiters bustled about in white uniforms. The crowd was almost quiet, the conversations at a polite yet terrifying volume, as if they were afraid of being heard. They probably were.

Killer Queen  ~ {H.E.S}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara