Bite me

ELENA

"Do you have anymore bags?" Niall asked, walking into the room to grab her bag from beside the bed. Elena shook her head as Harry walked out of the bathroom. He wore full black, again, and his hair was pulled into a neat bun.

"What time's the flight?" he asked, frowning at his phone.

Niall sighed and looked at his watch, "you've got five minutes to get your ass in the car, Louis thinks you should be in the air by nine."

"Alright," Harry nodded, his jaw clenched, and he absolutely reeked of professionalism with his outfit, expression and multiple accessories, including a gun. The same kind Elena now had, also in the waistband of her jeans.

In silence, the three left the room, following Niall downstairs into what seemed to be an underground carpark. Niall directed them to a black rover, stacking the bags in the back as he opened the driver's door. Harry rode shotgun, leaving Elena to sit alone in the back. She tapped the window and frowned.

"Is this bulletproof?" she asked, looking into the rear-view mirror, meeting Niall's sunglass-covered eyes.

"'Tis a safety precaution Louis wanted," he replied, reversing the vehicle.

Elena gulped, bringing her finger down and sitting further into the seat, "but we're not in any real danger are we? Not driving to the airport."

Niall opened his mouth to reply, but Harry cut him off, his low voice filling the car.

"We're not in danger. Not until we get to Paris," he said simply, looking out the windscreen with frustrated eyes. The simple fact that he was on edge, made Elena queasy.

"Great."

..

"Is that all the bags?" Niall asked, Elena nodded as she turned around, holding a hot tea in each hand. Harry had left to go to the bathroom and Niall had just returned with their luggage on a trolley. The private jet they travelled on could just be seen outside the large airport windows. Elena sipped her tea, the only thing she had properly eaten since breakfast that morning was a container of dry noodles on the plane and she regretted not drinking something with it.

A hand snaked from behind her, grabbing one of the teas as green eyes met hers, he looked on high alert, and as she observed him, he slipped on a pair of sunglasses and sipped the tea.

"It's up to us now," he said, clearing his throat, "Louis got us a hotel in the city, so we've got to grab a taxi to get there."

Niall nods, wheeling the trolley, Harry and Elena followed together, although they steadily drifted apart with Harry's great strides, Elena slowly tagging behind. She gave up and started to steadily jog until she reached Niall, whom was already in the queue for another passport control. Harry came up behind them, scowling behind the lenses. Whatever was wrong with him, it was gonna be a long day.

..

"Merci," Elena mumbled as she was the last to leave the taxi, the other two simply paying and leaving as Elena had barely managed to fix her hair before even trying to get out. The man nodded, and she placed her feet on the sidewalk.

Well, at least the only word she knew in French came in handy.

Getting out of the taxi, Elena let her eyes look up and down the skyscraper-ish building which they were staying in, she smiled when she saw the small glimmer of waters on her right, barely a few hundred metres away. To be in Paris was one thing, but to be staying in a four-star hotel by the Seine was another.