Otherworldly Memories

(AN: I always really liked the little Ginpachi- Sensei segments we sometimes got after episodes. This is based a little bit off of that, with my own ideas and spins on characters, of course. I wish we got a whole spin off series of class 3Z animated, because it breaks my heart so much knowing Gintama is near the end. Kinda long chapter for me, and I didn't take 90 years to write it for once, haha. Hope you all enjoy~ Also, I have a plan as far as how I want this story to continue, but I really need more ideas. Writers block is the worst.)

Wait a minute... those spiral glasses. Where did I get those from? And why are they with the Kagura memorabilia? They look... oddly familar.

In an alternate universe flashback

"Kyaa~! It's Okita-kun!" Girls screamed as I casually strolled past. They all turned to one another and whispered amongst themselves.
"I wonder what his love life's like."
"Hehe, I heard rumors that he's been seeing a girl and they've been visiting each other's houses past curfew."
"How scandalous~!"
"Wouldn't it be so exciting if you were that lucky girl, though?"
"It would! I'm sooo jealous~."
"I would kill to spend one night with him!" The girls simultaneously turn to look in my direction.
"I bet he's good in bed."
What girl? The hell are they on about? I make my way to class 3Z and turn the corner.

Thud.

My eyes squeeze shut as I collapse on the floor. I open them to see a girl in front of me, gathering her stuff that dropped when we collided. To help her out, I stacked a few books and pieces of paper and handed them to her. Our eyes meet, my cheeks instantly becoming flushed. She gives me a quick smile. Prior to this I never got a good luck at her. She's really cute. Her bright cerulean eyes are enchanting. She looks a little familiar. I look to the floor where her items were once sprawled out across, embarrassed. I notice a pair of spiral glasses. Oh these... She must be in my class. Wait... she's not that girl, is she?

My face darkens as I realize she's the foreigner from China who fought with other students over food. Why does such a cute girl like this have an obnoxious attitude like that? Blushing, she snatches her glasses up quickly and jumps to her feet. She sprints away. I sit on the floor, questioning life. Why do the cute ones always have issues?
"Ew, did you see that?"
"I bet she just ran into him to get his attention." I glance over in the direction of the whispers. Two girls who are always with the crowd of fangirls are talking behind her back.
"I hate girls like this." I turn away and scoff at them. Ignorant to the fact I was referring to them, they ran to my side quickly and both took my arms.
"I know right? She was so rude to you."
"Here, we'll help you up."
I push them away and walk to class without a word.

Her eyes kept flashing flashing in my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about her all week. Class is an obstacle to get through, as she sits right in front of me. I tuned out Ginpachi Sensei's lesson even more than ever today. I never realized she was so pretty, I honestly just thought she was strange.
"Sou-kun... Sou-kun!"
"H-huh?" I snap out of the daze I was in. A familiar little flick of vermillion hair bobbed in front of me. That color is a lot like hers...
"What do you think?" Kamui asks, with his usual, slightly off putting smile of his.
"About what? And don't call me that."
"You weren't listening?" Kamui sighs and glares at me. "You've been like this all week, what happened?"
"Nothing really, I'm just tired."
"Don't you sleep in class all day?"
"Not all the time, but I've been playing games late every night this week."
"I see." Kamui looks at me, dubious, but he doesn't pry further. "Anyway, my little sister has been getting bullied a lot this week by other girls."
"Oh?" Their hair, their eyes... How did I not realize? I internally connected the dots and realized my friend was the China girl's brother.
"Yeah, it sucks to see her coming home distraught but putting on an act at school."
"What do you mean, act?"
"She acts unaffected by it, but I can tell she is a lot. She's kind of like you in that way."
"That not what I'm li-"
"Don't lie," Kamui shushes me, "I know you bottle a lot of emotions in. But anyway, I feel like I just might go insane the next time I see her get bullied. I really want to do something about it, she's so sweet and she doesn't deserve it. I know you both are in the same class, keep an eye on her for me, okay?"
"Sure."