10

I didn't plan to post this one but I wanted to give you something now because I am not planning to post chapter 11 soonish. It still has to be tweaked down to be just the way I want it.

This is a slightly shorter but I needed sort of 'filler chapter' before giving you a massive one ;)

It's entirely in Matty's POV and I hope you enjoy it.

Read, enjoy, vote and leave a comment.

P.S. It is not edited so be aware that there might be few mistakes.. 

**

Matty grabbed a cigarette from the pack before returning the squished box back in the inside of his leather jacket. Lighting it, he took a long drag – the nicotine sending the much yearned sensation and calmness through his body.

The room that he was in was buzzing.

MTV UK was a massive building with hundreds of people and right now, probably half of them was walking around him, making him slightly uncomfortable. TV crew, journalists, interns, random photographers, and people with lanyards that probably didn't even know what they were supposed to do surrounded him. They all walked around the room, shouting something and carrying stuff around. They were just making him claustrophobic.

Maybe the younger Matty would have enjoyed all the attention.

However, the tired and grown-up Matty only wanted to sleep and have a fuck with someone.

His mind was blank as he sat down on a random instrument case, next to the makeshift stage and he crossed his legs at the knee, running a hand through his tangled mess of hair. His red shirt was halfway unbuttoned, his jeans ripped and he was barefoot – his boots resting next to him – not caring that it was December or bothering about norms and rules.

He was Matty fucking Healy.

Taking another drag of his cigarette, Matty ran a hand over his face, tiredness creeping in once again. It was the last interview and they had to play only two more shows before getting some well-deserved rest. Matty was aware that he needed it. He needed to pull the break for a bit but for some reason, he couldn't.

He wanted more, he wanted to see and feel more, he wanted to experience the life because how cliché it sounded – he only had one life.

Pictures of some of the fondest memories crossed his mind as he reminisced the past year in his head, surrounded by mad crowd. All the touring and travelling made him skinnier and the bags under his eyes were more prominent to the point that he avoided looking in the mirror. Almost like with advent calendar, his enthusiasm was wearing down a bit each day but his spirit was still alive...

The sound of a girl's voice interrupted him, making his thoughts disappear.

"Mr Healy?" He looked up – matching picture and the sound. She was young, probably in her early twenties and she was blushing red like first strawberries in the spring. She was holding a bottle of wine and a glass, giving him a small smile. "You asked for this."

Matty watched her as she grabbed a corkscrew from her back pocket and with shaky hands started to open the bottle. He put his almost smoked cigarette between his lips and smiled at her.

"It's okay, love, I'll do it." He gently took the bottle and the opener from her and started to rotate the corkscrew, almost professionally.

She just watched him, nervously biting her lower lip. "Mr Healy?"