22

It's been so long and I know I've been bad at this updating but yeah, life got in the way. Anyway, it's super late here and I work tomorrow so excuse me if I am not in the mood to rant as much as usual. Make sure to read the chapter and vote, comment and whatnot because I really enjoy hearing from you. It usually makes my day! 

I am feeling much better and a new chapter will follow up too soonish and I am so excited to share it with you. Up there is a song that I already mentioned and that's just perfect for the entire Matty/Sheila thing going on ;)

Chapter is unedited but I will come around to do it soon. 

xx

Lola

**

Sheila blew out a breath in the direction of her fringe, moving it carelessly. Her growing fringe fell back limply over her forehead and she sighed once again. It was humid and she was sweating - her t-shirt already sticking to her back on some places.

Her brain was dizzy and she couldn't pinpoint if it was because of the wine that she had been drinking or because of the loud music that blasted from the speakers. The club DJ has been trying really hard with some of the tunes but his awful taste didn't stop the crowd on the dance floor to go mad. They danced, swarmed in their own sweat and some of them were making out in the darkest corners as if the world was ending tomorrow.

Sheila had no plans to go out and especially not to some overcrowded club on Manhattan with expensive drinks and girls dressed as if they tried too hard to impress easy boys of New York. Yet, as much as she hated to admit, there was something that made her change mind and it was a simple sentence that hung over her head ever since it left his mouth; it clung to her heart like roots to the soil.

"I'd like you to come with us."

She knew that one simple sentence that he uttered was the only reason why she was now in the place where she didn't want to be. The seven words, phrased in his husky, low voice—the one that Sheila's head dizzy, and her panties worth of changing were the reason why she let herself be surrounded by the madding crowd, dressed like fashionably misguided Alexa Chung and yearning just one thing - his attention.

Yet, she wasn't getting any.

Instead, Matty was talking to another girl—Billie or Millie—Sheila wasn't sure and frankly, at that point, she didn't care.

Anxiously, she let her eyes wander back to where he was standing, just across from her and a small frown appeared on her face when Matty laughed at whatever Billie had said to him.

The green monster of jealousy stirred inside Sheila and she looked down at her almost empty glass of wine, debating whether she should drink some more. Sheila was aware that she had no reason to be jealous; no reason to go along with her envious thoughts because one sentence that left his mouth was just that – a group of few words, phrased perfectly for her heart to crave and yearn.

And what pained Sheila the most was the fact that it probably didn't mean as much as it did to her.

Before she could stop herself, Sheila leaned into half-asleep Adam who had been silently sitting on a sofa next to her – his eyes lazily looking at his phone screen.

"Who is that girl with Matty?" she asked silently, trying to sound casual. Her eyes wander back to Matty and the skinny girl with her hair dyed in multi-coloured shades.

Adam straightened his posture, although unwillingly and gave Sheila a small smile. He looked dreary and Sheila understood him – both of them just needed some sleep.