35

Hey guys!

As promised, a new chapter is up and believe me or not, I didn't struggle with this one *looks sheepishly away*

I hope you will enjoy it as usual and if it'll make you excited, I am already working on the next update for both, Wonderwall and Sticks and Stones. In the meantime, enjoy this chapter, vote, comment and express however it makes you feel – you know it makes me happy to see your reactions.

Up there is picture of Ross, because, well, it's Ross. Doesn't need explanation... 

xx

Lola

P.S. This chapter is not edited.

**

"Thank you," Sheila whispered, reaching out few crumbled pound bills to a kind man behind the steering wheel.

With a small nod and a timid, tight-lipped smile, she exited the vehicle, softly closing the cabbie doors shut. The small car roared with power and before Sheila was able to take a breath, it speeded down the narrow, gravely road, disappearing out of the sight.

Her fingers held on her old backpack, a bit too tightly. The grip was tight to the point that she could feel the sweat forming on the surface of the skin, where the old leather handle was touching her palm. She was nervous and not even a four-hour train ride through beautiful landscapes of England, could keep her at ease.

She was happy to see her friends and spend some time with them, but also, she felt waves of anxiety crashing into her with full force and she couldn't pinpoint the reason why.

When she agreed with Shannon's idea on celebrating her birthday, she tried to look at it from the positive side and with Rusty's words replaying inside her head like a broken record. She had to let go, she needed to forget on the rules she created for herself—at least for a minute or two, and most importantly – she had to listen to her heart, although, every time she did that, she ended up either hurt or crying.

Still, she was willing to give in yet again.

Hoisting the bag on the left shoulder, Sheila looked up at the house with cobbled façade in front of her. It was big, two-story and the windows on both floors took the majority of the entire building. Just in front, there was a well-groomed front yard with clean cut grass and flowerbed, resting along the entire side of the house.

Looking away, Sheila's eyes focused at the empty road and then back to the to the house – a feeling of familiarity striking her suddenly. Small smile crept up on her face at the thought and a memory of her first day in London, when she stood at the street, like a lost puppy, unsure of whether she was at the right place.

It all felt like a rerun of a long forgotten movie.

Unsure, Sheila pushed the squeaky gate open along with her thoughts and stepped on the narrow pathway.

"Sheila!"

Shannon's excited voice cut the silence of the sleepy village, making Sheila look up at the big, rustic, arched doors.

Her friend was already running towards her, barefoot and with a wide grin plastered across her face. Sheila smiled back, but that smile faltered a little when she noticed the hoodie that Shannon was wearing – The 1975 in bold, embroidered on the front.

She tried to shake off the small twist in her stomach that formed at the thought of why she left that hoodie in London, in the first place.

"Finally!" Shannon cried out happily, wrapping both of her arms around Sheila, breaking Sheila's train of thoughts.