24

Hey everyone!

 I know, it's been a while but I hate updating a part when I am not satisfied with it. But the wait is over and I hope you are ready for the update and if you cannot wait for me to update, please be sure to check out trumanoodle and gmbtch stories because they are awesome and so is their work! 

Anyway, please listen to Say You Love Me by Jesse Ware because the chapter is inspired by the song :) 

Read, vote and comment! XX

**

There was something sad and almost depressive about the sky above New York. The clouds were non-existent and the painting on the earth's canvas just a mixture of grey and white blotches. Even through the window, Sheila could sense the coldness and when her eyes cast downwards, they met with array of umbrellas in all different colours and patterns.

She stepped closer to the window, putting one palm against the cold glass and just observed the picture in front of her. A weird sensation was forming inside her stomach and she wasn't sure if she was supposed to like it or not.

In the past few months, feelings of desire and sadness turned out the be the same and it made her learn that she shouldn't get excited with every dance of butterflies in her stomach. Small breath left her mouth and it stained the clear glass but it quickly disappeared – almost like the sensation that flood through Sheila's body.

A small part of her stopped her from turning around even if she knew that he was awake and sitting on her bed. It felt almost like the rerun of Christmas morning only this time there was no passion-filled night to remember the morning after.

She let out another breath, trying to gain some strength, focusing on the bright yellow curtain on the window of the apartment across the street. She wanted to turn around and say something but Sheila was afraid of the expression that might grace his beautiful face so her feet stayed frozen – the fur carpet gently caressing her toenails.

Sheila felt him get up slowly and she wondered if he was going to leave without a word – something that deep down she expected him to do.

He was no stranger to such behaviour.

The events of the last night were just a blur to Sheila but she remembered wearing her heart on the sleeve. So many words left her mouth in one breath and she knew that her walls tumbled down with that kiss they shared and she was left physically naked and vulnerable in front of him. Passion, anger, frenzy, and frustration were poured in a single cup and they both drank it without thinking. And when their lips stopped moving, they just stared at each other in silence – until she flung her drunken self into him and he let her relax in his embrace.

They didn't say a word after that but just laid together, on their backs, trying to comprehend of what had happened and let the silence speak for both of them.

Silently as possible, Sheila turned around from the window and leaned on the sill with her palms, crossing her feet at the ankles. Her jeans from last night were uncomfortable and she was quite sure she looked like a mess – which wasn't far from the truth. She observed him in silence where he stood, wearing the same clothes from the last night. They were wrinkled and his shirt was just halfway tucked in his worn-out jeans.

Before she could stop herself, the tiny bit courage flew out of her.

"Are you going to give me a silent treatment again?" she asked and immediately regretted it. His eyes bore into hers with so much intensity and she looked away and down to her feet.