21

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope Santa got you plenty of presents :)

I am sorry for such delay but there is no other way but to post this chapter once a week. I am struggling to balance work, freelancing and writing but don't worry – I am not giving up on this ;)

Anyway, this chapter is not edited and I will probably do it sometimes later – once I get enough sleep. Be sure to listen to a song called Nevermind Me by Maria Mena because it inspired me for this chapter and few ones that will be posted in the near future. It's a really amazing song...

Vote, comment, enjoy as always!

X

Lola

**

If someone, last year, told Sheila that she would be in New York in the near future, she'd probably shake her head and tell him to sod off because it was even delusional to think that way.

Yet, there she was, leaned on the window of a hotel that was nestled between other tall buildings of Big Apple – almost 3500 miles away from home.

The sun was setting down, finding its hideaway behind the many New York buildings. Shades of grey, mixed with hues of orange and reds cast shadows on the beige carpet, covering the entire hotel room. Bland, cream coloured curtains were pushed aside, allowing the last bits of daylight to pour in before the street lights turn on and illuminate the darkness.

Sheila pushed her hand under the sleeve of her worn-out Iron Maiden shirt and lightly scratched the skin of her shoulder as she overlooked the New York skyline. It was beautiful, magnificent and just how she always imagined it to be. Lightly, she pinched herself and smiled when she realised that this wasn't dream and that she was actually there—where she, as a little girl from Hutton-Le-Hole, always wanted to be.

She lightly opened the window, just enough for a small amount of cold air to pour in and she breathed in, adjusting her ears to the constant sound of cars speeding down the busy road. It was late afternoon but Sheila wasn't sure in the exact time. Time difference wasn't her friend and her head couldn't figure it out on its own under massive influence of jetlag.

Her head was heavy as brick and she finally understood why George got stoned the moment they checked in.

She closed the window after couple of minutes and turned around, grabbing just her leather jacket form the zipped up suitcase. The entire team was about to go to some restaurant they usually went to while in New York and although she was tempted to just stay in, Sheila agreed, being very hungry with a single chocolate bar in her rumbling stomach.

Quickly, she gave herself a single check on the mirror in the mini hallway and messed up her hair a bit, mentally thinking about growing it out. Without much thought, Sheila swung the doors open and her heart almost stopped as she found herself face to Matty's chest.

"Jesus," she whispered, placing her hand reflexively on his chest but quickly moving her away.

"I prefer Matty, to be honest," he teased, looking down at her, "but whatever floats your boat." His face was tired but he still managed to stretch his mouth in the cocky smirk. Sheila reluctantly closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in the all too familiar scent before opening them again.

"Did you need—" she started, taking a step away in the same time as Matty.

"Everyone is already waiting in the lobby," he replied after few seconds, "Jamie wants us to leave before the fans swarm in," he added, somewhat coldly—finally stepping away and she walked out, closing the doors softly, trying not to look at him.