23

Missed me? ;)

UNEDITED as always and I am sure it's not my best chapter but it's way past midnight and I just finished it so bare with me. I will probably edit it soon :D

Anyway, it's a super long chapter - 3K words and yes, I think I outdid myself this time xD

P.S There is lot of swearing in this one ;)

**

Music was still thumping inside Sheila's ears as she pushed the heavy doors open and made her way out—her head spinning like a carousel. Her emotions were all over the place – part because of her sudden sobering up and part because of what happened just few minutes ago. The heart inside her chest was breaking yet again and as much as she tried to stop it, it was already damaged and the feeling of emotional pain was wrenching.

The night was freezing and the coldness seeped through the thin layer that covered her skin but Sheila just took a deep breath, cautiously stepping forward and away from the dull noise resonating from the inside of the club.

"You're so stupid," she muttered to herself, clutching the jacket closer to her body with one hand and holding her bag in place with the other.

She wasn't sure what she was supposed to feel and all the emotions that she tried to hide in the past were now surfacing. Sheila was breaking, she was disappointed and angry – not with Matty, but herself—for being naive and for making herself believe that he could feel the same.

His touches, his closeness, his movements, and the look that he had in his eyes when he looked at her – it was all charade. A simple acting trick that he mastered well.

She should have known that nothing good would lead out of this night out. She should have known that Matty's attention was just a game and her heart just a mere figure in his toy box.

Without her realising, a single tear slid down her cheek and before it was able to reach her chin, Sheila wiped it away and rose her arm in the air, waving for the first cab that appeared in front of her.

The concrete quivered beneath her feet as the car stopped and she reached out for the handle but her fingers felt numb when they curled around it. Sheila closed her eyes for a moment and then before she could stop herself, looked behind her because no matter what, was still able to feel his eyes on her.

Matty stood outside the club, ignoring the people who probably recognised him, watching her and that was enough for her breath to be lost inside her lungs. For a fraction of a second their eyes met but Sheila as quickly as possible turned around—her eyes casting downwards on her beat up shoes.

"Sheila!" he called out and panic rose in Sheila's throat. She couldn't confront him – not tonight, not when she was breaking apart. Hastily, she pulled the doors open and slid inside the back of the car, stiffly nodding at the driver. She went to reach out and close the door but stopped, once she realised that Matty was now standing next to the cab as well—his hand gripping the top of the doors. "Please, Sheila," he murmured and Sheila, although reluctantly, looked up. Her inside twisted at the soft and pleading sound of his voice and that was the only thing she wanted to avoid. Their gazes met and Sheila let out a shaky breath, watching Matty's mouth open. "Let me explain."

Feeling that she might give in under his molten orbs, Sheila quickly looked away and pulled at the doors again but Matty didn't let her.

"You don't have to clarify yourself to me," she replied. Sheila wanted to be strong but her voice quivered at the end. "It's your life."