12

Yey, Lola is back! I decided to update this story once again because I just couldn't stop myself. Plus, I am sure you guys won't complain. 

It's slightly shorter than usual, but I am sure you will enjoy it anyway. Thank you for all the support I am getting, all the comments and votes I recieved on the last part (I couldn't believe when I've seen the number of notifications) and I hope I won't disappoint you with this one too. YOU ARE THE BEST! 

Read, enjoy, vote and comment. 

...and I will just put this gif up there *looks innocently*

**

Matty kissed her and she kissed him back.

Did it feel good? – Oh God yes, it did.

So why she was standing there, in the middle of the dance floor with a knot twising her stomach?

Because he left.

Sheila wasn't able to tell how long she had been standing there, glued to the floor and surrounded by strangers dancing their night away. Her legs were still shaking, her head kept spinning and her heart thumped hard against her chest. She felt waves of ache, longing and excitement rush through her as confusion stampeded through her body like a herd of lost animals – every wave hitting her harder than the one before.

Her thoughts were running wild and she only blinked back to reality when some people bumped into her. Sheila almost stumbled over, but was able to steady herself in the last moment.

Muttering an apology to no one in particular, Sheila anxiously made her way back to the table, pushing carelessly through the bodies, not caring about anything or anyone but her heart. She only stopped few metres away from her friends, scanning the group before squeezing her eyes shut once she noticed that Matty wasn't with them. 

With still present knot in her stomach and shaky legs, she stepped as confidently as possible to their table, giving them a weak smile.

George and Adam were talking to some girls and John was sitting in a booth, looking through his phone with bored face. Sheila decided to sit down next to him, running a hand through her hair and then down her face. A sudden urge to cry appeared and she wanted to scream out but stopped herself from doing it once she felt someone's hand on her shoulder.

Sheila looked up, hoping it was maybe his, but her expression saddened once her eyes met with Ross'. He had a smile on his face, his cheeks were flush, and you could see that he was already getting tipsy.

"You good?" he asked over the thumping music as he bent down and placed his drink on the table.

"Yes, I am peachy," she whispered, hiding her quivering smile and the tremble in her voice. "What are you drinking?" Sheila asked, her eyes eyeing the rusty coloured liquid in his half-empty glass.

Ross followed her eyes and chuckled. "Whiskey," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "Want some?" he asked, gesturing at his glass.

Without a hesitation, Sheila nodded and grabbed his glass from the table, gulping remaining whiskey at once. The burning sensation feeling good as it clashed with the heat of her body that was chained to her and refused to leave.

"I want more," she muttered and Ross just laughed, grabbing a bottle of Jack Daniels and filling the random glass for her.

**

Someone in the room was opening and closing cupboards and drawers harshly. The sound of cutlery being pulled out was too loud and as a glass hit against the sink, Sheila decided to open her eyes.