Prologue

Listening to music on her bed, Holi scrolled through her phone before she heard the heavy wood front door closing and latching. She pulled out her earbuds and walked to the large window at the other side of her monochromatic violet room with white accents. She sat her hand on her desk and glanced out the wide window that gave her a perfect view of the vividly green front yard and the long driveway with her father's new black car.

Holi gave a small smile, her father being the only one she'd see most of the time. Her mother always went on business trips, or only coming home late and sleeping, only leaving after Holi already went to school.

She walked down the stairs and greeted her father in the kitchen. He nodded and gave a small smile as he sat at the table, opening his business jacket as he sat and put his glasses on to read the mail.

"I'll get you a drink." She spoke softly and got in the fridge to pour a cold glass of water for her father and taking it to him with a smile.

"Thank you." he speaks slightly softer than Holi as he reads thoroughly through all the bills. Holi smiles and goes back to the fridge to get herself a juice. "There's some new people moving in next door." Her father, Christian, commented, some of the rare and short small talk he engaged in.

"Oh." Holi looks to her father as she raises her brows, showing interest. "Should we greet them?"

"I've got work to do." Her father speaks as he shakes his head and fold the papers, taking them to his office. Holi shrugs, this being normal for her. She walks to the living room, looking out the side window to see a moving truck and moving men moving people in. There was a sleek smokey grey car in the driveway that looked even more expensive than her own father's.

Smiling softly she decided to head to the kitchen and start baking up a welcome basket for the new family. She even went to the garden she started two years ago just before she entered high school. She cut some flowers and made a small bouquet as well.

She walked over cautiously, avoiding the moving men the best she could. She waited at the front door a moment, debating on either calling out or knocker or even both for that matter. She settled on giving a short knock and calling out with a sweet and curious 'Hello.' Soon after, an Asian looking female smiled and greeted her, stepping just outside the doorway as to not disturb the movers.

"Hello. We are new. I am Park Ji Eun." She introduced herself with a charming voice and smile to match. Her voice carried a fairly thick, but still understandable, accent. She gave a small bow after to which Holi mimicked out of respect.

"Hello. I'm Holi Ashfeld. I live next door and made this welcome basket for you and your family." Holi gives a bright and yet gentle smile as she hands over the basket. The woman seems overwhelmingly grateful and happy by this act of kindness.

"Thank you so much~." She practically coos as takes the basket with another bow, Holi mimicked again. "So sweet. Thank you. Come whenever you like, yes?" The female says with enthusiasm as she takes the basket in with a final bow. Holi bows back again with another sweet smile and the softest pink on her full cheeks. Little did Holi know of the eyes from upstairs looking at her from a window similar, damn near identical, to hers in her room.

💠Hey Guys, how are we liking the new story? This was based of a Dream so before I forgot the majority of it I had the start writing. Anyway! The photo at the top is Christian P. Ashfeld, Holi's father. He's actually a sweet guy, just busy as hell and fairly soft spoken(that's were Holi gets it from. XD).💠