Chapter 5

Holi and Joy woke up the next morning and everything was like always. They joked around as they got ready. This time, Joy borrowed some clothes from Holi since they were the exact same size and almost the exact same height, Joy was slightly taller. They even wore the same size shoes.

Downstairs, they went to make breakfast. Something was different however. "Good morning." Christian called with a gentle smile, he was in normal and comfy clothes, not even a dress shirt and suit pants. The girls stared in awe; however, once Holi's father sets two plates with breakfast on the other side of the island, Joy is the first to smile and lick her lips, sitting and stuffing her face. Christian laughs softly before looking to his daughter, Holi. Holi still has a a bit of a skeptical look but shrugs it off and eats.

"So... do you not work today?" Holi said and pointed out her father's clothes. She began eating shortly after and looking to Christian, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, I thought i'd take the day off and spend it with my girls." He gave a soft smile and Joy smiled appreciatively as Holi gave a subtle smile and nodded.

After finishing breakfast, Christian offered to give them a ride, they declined however. They told him they wanted to walk and Christian got his jacket and walked with. Holi especially liked spending the time with her father but it was different, so it felt off.

"Have a good day at school girls!" He spoke and waved them off.

"Oh! Mr. Ashfeld!" Ted, The VP, called. Holi looked back as she saw the VP walk closer to her father as they conversed. She smiled and her and Joy linked arms as they walked to homeroom.

"By the way.." Joy began, as they got close to the home room, walking in sync. "How are your legs holding out?" Joy looked down to Holi's legs, covered by bright white leggings with bits of overlaying lace designs on them.

"Oh!" Holi spoke with a bit of surprise as she looked to Joy. "Actually, I didn't even notice... I suppose it's not as bad as I thought." She shrugged and made a cute face as if she had no idea.

Joy chuckled as she opened the door. "Well that's good at least." The two went and sat down, but not before the teacher caught them.

"Oh, hey Holi.. I heard we might get another new student sometime soon." Ms. Helberg said, accompanied by a wink. Katelinn Helberg was a cool teacher and made English as fun as she could for the kids. She wasn't married but probably because she was such a strong female and so independent, scaring away any guy not worthy of her time. Still, she was never lonely and loved being a teacher. Holi was also close with many of the teachers at the school since she was so hardworking.

"Really?? Hm.. I hope they don't give you much trouble Ms. Helberg!" Holi smiled and proceeded to her seat.

"They better not, Helberg'll give 'em Hell if they try." She chuckled and leaned on her desk as she waited for class to start.

Today was quite quiet, as far as the two hellions of human beings were considered. Holi was curious though, things were fairly easy. Accounting, her third period, was quiet with the exception of almost constant glances from the dirty bubble and Manray.. yes, spongebob. They were pure EEEEEEEEEEEVIIIILLLL, so those were the nicknames she gave them, and you can only guess who's who.

It was the last hour now and her second class with Manray and the dirty bubble. She would be lying if she said she wasn't anxious and a bit scared. She knew they were working in groups today and Mrs. Dūnnĕll was always nice enough to let the kids pick their own groups.

The time finally came. "Get into groups of three or four, we'll be doing an experiment today." She said in a sort of excited voice. Mrs. Dunnell was always excited for experiments. As expected, EEEEEEVVIIIIIILLLLLLL approached Holi. Chanyeol and Yoongi sat on either side of her. She seemed so small and actually a bit nervous. Yoongi's arm moved so he could pat Holi's back softly between her shoulder blades. She gave a soft, and almost unnoticeable gasp as she flinched. Yoongi leaned over slightly and whispered.