Chapter Eleven

Niall finishes the song with a soft, yet powerful riff; filling the room with a beautiful calmness that soon simmers into silence. They stare at each other, the typical kind of stare that has a sort of longing in it with mixed feelings and emotions. Before things start to get complicated and weird, Niall reaches out a bit towards Harry, who in which is already two steps ahead of him.

Niall grips Harry’s sides; thumbs brushing the soft fabric of the hoodie he’s wearing. His heart clenches harshly in his chest when he realizes it’s his hoodie, the dark navy one. The same one Harry always wore (and still wears) when he could get his hands on it. Harry lets out a little breathless giggle, brushing the hair away from his eyes as he sniffles a bit. “Yeah, s’your hoodie. You left it here, and I got cold. Hope you don’t mind,” he says in a ramble, voice soft and gentle. He looks down at it, fingers toying with the article of clothing.

Niall shakes his head, dismissing his concern. “S’fine. You know how much I love to see you in it, anyway.”

Harry gives a lopsided grin, nodding and mumbling a couple yeah’s before he’s pressing an open-mouth kiss to Niall’s neck. A gurgled moan comes from underneath Harry as he nips at Niall’s tattooed skin, the noise going straight to his groin.

God. Missed you so much,” Niall says, almost in a choked whimper. He swallows thickly, eyes dampening in a burning twinge, like he might begin to cry. “It’s not the same without you. Hurts too much.”

Harry pulls away slowly, tugging Niall towards his chest. Niall complies easily – almost too easily – by burrowing his face in the crook of Harry’s neck. He takes in a shuddery breath, the waft of a sweet vanilla scent invading his airway. He grins against Harry’s skin; the familiar smell making his mind go warm and fuzzy.

“Please, don’t ever leave like that again. I don’t care if it was only two days,” Harry whispers as he clutches to Niall, like he might float away.

“M’sorry. I won’t. Promise,” Niall mumbles, voice scarcely audible. The last word was hard to manage out, barely able to form on his tongue. He doesn’t know if he’ll be able to keep it, and making false vows like this to Harry makes him absolutely sick.

He feels a pair of lips press to his own, interrupting his guilty thoughts. The kiss is frantic and needy. They hold each other close as their lips move together in haste. It’s been too long since they’ve kissed, both chasing after the warm touch and taste.  

“Slow down, baby. We have all night, ya know,” Niall chuckles, a dirty smirk playing on his lips. Its like the tearful reunion moments ago never happened, like things were back to normal without any retribution. Harry’s head drops down, the red color tinting his cheeks revealing his embarrassment. Niall can hear him whimper, hips jerkily bucking against Niall’s jean-clad thigh. He hums approvingly, watching Harry with hooded eyes as his fingers stroke his back encouragingly. He nudges his nose against the mop of brown curls that keep brushing against his chest; eyes fluttering shut as he leans back and lets Harry enjoy himself.