Chapter Twenty

Harry stirs in his sleep at the faint buzzing noise only meters away from his ear, body jerking up when it intensifies and is accompanied by an obnoxious ring. He blindly grabs for his phone, finally finding it in the midst of darkness and answering it before it goes to voicemail.

“’Ello?” he says groggily into the speaker, falling back into the warmth of Niall’s bed.

“It’s about time that you answered your damn phone,” shrills a voice on the other end.

“Oh my, God, Gemma,” he groans in realization,  “’m so sorry, I—”

“I do not want to hear your excuses Harry Edward Styles! I cannot believe that you could forget about me and leave me in the cold!”

Harry groans again, knocking the palm of his hand against his forehead until he feels his phone slipping out of his grasp.

“Hello, Gemma! This is Niall, and I want to apologize for yesterday. Was my fault that you were outside for so long, a bit of a distraction I was for Harry,” Niall says into the phone, winking at him. “Uh huh, yeah, okay. I’ll make sure to tell him. All right, have a wonderful day. Bye.”

Niall hangs up, tossing the phone to the end of the bed with a smirk.

Harry shakes his head. “How do you do it? She’d give you a million pounds if you asked for it,” he mutters with a pout.

Niall jostles around in the bed until he’s finally unraveled from the cocoon of blankets wrapped around him, body lazily rolling to the side so he can reach out and grab Harry by the waist. Harry makes this odd noise in the back of his throat in an attempt to say no because he has class and a job to work at, but truthfully all he really wants is to cuddle with Niall and sleep.

Niall wraps his arms tightly around Harry and nearly moans at the warmth that’s practically radiating from him, the cold contact of Niall’s skin against Harry’s makes goose bumps appear. Harry tucks his head underneath Niall’s chin and sighs contently because they fit so perfectly together, like a jigsaw puzzle. And when Niall’s fingers find their way into the soft curls atop Harry’s head and rub gently into his scalp, Harry hums, but really, it sounds more like a soft purr.

“Need ta finish packing,” Niall murmurs into Harry’s ear, the statement so useless because they both know that it won’t happen today.

Harry makes another noise in acknowledgement and presses himself closer to Niall, arms slowly lifting to wind around Niall’s neck loosely. Niall follows suit by toeing his socks off, their legs then intertwining by messily hooking together. They finally both still, their chests pushing against each other as they take deep, languid breaths.

“We got two days ta get to LA,” Niall murmurs pointedly, but Harry is already fast asleep.

***

Zayn walks into his and Niall’s dorm, met with the sight ofNiall and Harry cuddling in their sleep – but really, it’s more of a tangled mess of limbs and blankets and cuteness. It makes Zayn want to puke at how adorable they look, as much as he hates to admit it, and strangely he finds himself wanting to take a picture of them. So he takes Niall’s phone from the table set off in the corner and snaps a quick photo, setting it as his phone background with a devious smirk. It’s really such a pity that Niall isn’t on any social media website because that photo sure as hell would be all over the place. But since that’s out of the question, Zayn proceeds to forwarding it to all of his contacts.