//Thirteen//

•Abigail•

It was the last week of holidays, I had done nothing but sleep. Except for when I needed to go to the bathroom or eat. I was back to square one. My nightmares had returned ever since Jake and Edward left. Charlie constantly had bags under his eyes due to me.

"That's it, Abigail Mae Swan, you are getting out of this bed right now." Charlie said, a small yawn escaping his lips.

I groaned, Hugging my pillow tighter.

"Abby this isn't good for you, please go out and get some sunlight." He begged.

Once again I groaned in response.

"I invited Jake over, he'll be here in ten minutes. I've headed off to the station." He said.
His footsteps became faint.

I almost laughed, yeah, as if he really invited Jacob over. The guy won't even talk to me. Why would he come over?

I heard his car speed down the road, I closed my eyes pulling my pillow as close to me as possible. After about 10 minutes, I heard a knock on the door. Ignoring it I closed my eyes again, the knocking got louder. I let out a groan before hopping out of bed. Walking down stairs I opened the door, my eyes widened my eyes heating up as tears threatened to spill. "Abby," Jakes voice filled my ears. I threw myself at him consuming him in a bear hug

As soon as I was finished hugging him I punched him square in the jaw. He stumbled back a little bit. I went to punch him again but he grabbed my fist, spinning me around he pinned me up against the wall.

As I took in his features I realised something was different. He didn't have his long hair anymore, it was now short.

For some unknown reason I wanted to kiss him, I so badly wanted to kiss him. But I didn't.

"You gonna punch me again?" He asked, his eyes locked with mine. I shook my head. He gently let go of me and stepped back.

"Where were you Jake?" I asked, my voice low. I held the hand that I punched Jacob with. It ached a tiny bit. That boy has a solid jaw, that's for sure.

"I needed time." He said.

"Time? You needed time? What for?" I looked at him right in the eyes, "you left me alone, Jacob. Didn't call or text to tell me you were okay." The pain in my hand stopped aching as I stared at him.

"Like I said before, I needed time." He said.

"Get out." I said.

"Abby.."

"Get out Jacob! Get out! Get out of my house!" I screamed, attempting to push him out the door.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me. I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Let. Me. Go." I said in between breaths.

"You can't just leave me, come back and think everything is okay!" I yelled trying to release his strong grip from around me. Tears pricked my ears threatening to spill at any moment.

I stopped struggling and started crying. He held me tight, it reminded me of Edward. This caused me to cry more.

"Don't leave me again, okay?" I looked up at him, his eyes locking with mine.

"I promise." He said. I hid my face in his chest, inhaling his scent.

He smelt so good. I wanted to stay like this forever but unfortunately my feet were starting to hurt.

I felt my legs become weak, letting go of him I began walking to the lounge room, sitting down Jake followed sitting down next to me. I looked at his hand which lay beside him, how I wish I could hold it, I wanted to so badly.

For awhile we sat in silence.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking at me.

"Your hair?"

"Oh." He smiled "just thought it was time for a change."

"It suits you." I smiled.

•Grace•

I nervously waited in the woods for Victoria. I continued going through excuses in my head as to why I had no information from Abby. Victoria would not take lightly to this.

"Grace." Her voice startled me.

"Victoria." I smiled.

"So, have you got any news for me?" She asked, circling me like she did the day she turned me.

"I need more time, Abby is suspicious. I think she knows." I said.

Her head snapped to me, she speed ran up to me, grabbing me by the throat. I grabbed her arm and threw her off me.

She went flying across the woods, landing on her hands and feet.

"Don't. Touch me." I said, sternly. Walking over to where she landed, she stood up.

"Didn't I tell you to cover up! Now she'll never give you anything. She knows about vampires you idiot." She yelled.

"What?" I said.

"I never should have turned you. You stupid girl!" She yelled.

I opened my mouth to say something but Victoria lunged herself toward me. She stood on my shoulders and grabbed my head with her hands. The last thing I saw was her aggravated face.

•Abigail'•

I looked up his arm, frowning as I saw black ink on his upper arm, curiously I turned to face him lifting up his sleeve to show a tribal tattoo on his arm. "A tattoo?" I frowned looking at him.

"Yeah," he shrugged.

"You're what? 17? Isn't that illegal?" I asked.

"Well it will be if you tell anyone," he raised an eyebrow, smirking at himself.

"You think you're so smug do ya," I laughed, "cockiness will only get you so far."

"Maybe," he laughed a little. "So where's Edward?" He asked.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces again. Edward. Just thinking about him made me both sad and pissed off.

"Let's not." I said, my voice came out harsher then I expected.

"I mean you two were practically inseparable," he said, voice flat.

"I said let's not." I said again this time more stern.

"I heard you guys were anyways, doesn't seem like it now," he pushed me to my edge.

Standing up my hands into fists, "get out." I said, "now."

He stood up walking out the door saying nothing, a sense of loneliness crept in causing tears to well in my eyes. Racing upstairs I threw myself onto my bed, tears flowing down my face until I felt unconsciousness flow over me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awh my poor Abby! I just wanna hug her! And poor Gracey ! Rest in Pepparoni's Grace!

Vote, Comment

Love you all xxxxx

~Eliza~