1.

"Alright so Aaliyah needs to be in bed by 9:30 and she's already had dinner, so you don't have to worry about cooking anything, but if she happens to get hungry then just whip her up a quick snack".

    I continuously nod my head, showing her my perceptive agreement of her long list of expectations for me tonight.

    I hear Aaliyah whine from the stairs behind me above, peering down at us, "Mom! I'll be fine, just go." she said.

    She sighed then nodded, grabbing her coat and keys. She turned back at me, "Call me if you need anything, or if she acts up," she said, sternly eyeing Aaliyah.

    "Yes Mrs. Mendes," I said, in a very gracious tone.

     She gave me a quick smile before heading towards the front door, but before she could turn the doorknob, she turned around once again and started to speak, "Oh and also ma-"

   "Mommm!" groaned Aaliyah.

    Mrs. Mendes laughed, shaking her head, then opened the door. "Bye girls! Be good Aaliyah!" she said. I waved my hand before she closed the door shut behind her.

    Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry about that, you're my first babysitter since dad left," she said.

    I look up at her, feeling a sense of sorrow for her parents' split. All I could do was give her a friendly smile.

This is my first time babysitting. I needed to start saving up for college which was happening in 2 years. I don't have any experience, which is why I was suprised at first on why they chose me, but I understood now. They don't have any experience on picking a babysitter either.

     To break up the long silence, I said, "So what'chya wanna do?". She looked down at her hands which were resting on the wooden rails of the stairs, before answering,

    "Cards?" She asked, slightly sticking her bottom lip out.

    "Yeah sure, let's do it!" I said. She smiled as she came down the stairs and went over to one of the cabinets below where the TV sat, digging for something. I saw her take out a deck of Uno cards and lied them on the living room coffee table. Hmm, I like her. I headed towards where she was and sat on my knees next to her.

    We've been playing for about five minutes until I heard someone coming down the stairs. At first, my heart jumped thinking it was some sort of intruder or serial killer, causing me to get panicked, but when I looked up at the figure, I saw  nothing but a tall boy in his teens with light-brown combed up hair and light brown eyes, wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants, revealing his hard-toned abs. I had no idea someone else was living here. But he looked pretty attractive.

     Halfway down the stairs he freezed, looking shocked of my presence. I aimlessly started to blush. "Hey Shawn," said Aaliyah casually.

      "Uhh who is she?" He said, pointing at me. I quickly looked down shyly. I didn't know what to say. Aaliyah answered for me, "Oh, thats just Skylar, our babysitter".

    He narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Our babysitter?" he asked in an irratible tone.

    "Umm, that is what I said the first time, right?" sassed Aaliyah.

    He rolled his eyes, continuing down the steps. "I don't need no babysitter," he mumbled on his way to the kitchen.

   Aaliyah turned to me. "Sorry about that, he can be a douchebag sometimes," she said. I raised my eyebrows at her use of vocabulary for a twelve year old.