4.

LATER THAT DAY....

After a long "productive" session in my room consisting of guitar playing, Netflix, and video games, I decided I felt like doing some singing. I went on Twitter and posted a tweet saying:

What song do you guys want me to do a cover of?? xx

I waited about 3 seconds before refreshing my notifications. I saw 58 likes, 65 comments, and 20 retweets flooding my notifications. I skimmed through some of the comments and noticed that a majority of them asked for a cover of "sweater weather" by the neighborhood. That doesn't seem too bad.

I pick up my guitar and start strumming some notes, trying to find some good chords. I clicked 'record' on my laptop and started singing, filling the room with the sound of my voice. As I was singing, all I could think of was her. Images of her just kept popping in my mind, these uncontrollable temptations. Ive barely known her for 12 hours, yet my insides say otherwise. What is happening to me?

The recording hit its maximum time so I stopped singing. The moment I stopped singing, I felt like someone's presence was close. Really close. I heard a floorboard creak. Hm, Aaliyah should be in bed right now. I get up and walk towards my door. Right after I opened, she jolted back. Her chocolate brown eyes matching mines. Has she been here the whole time? She's probably been hearing me sing this entire time. Hey, she might even like my singing so much that she's stalking me. That's pretty cute.

She stutters, "I was just uh...I was just going to the bathroom," she quickly points towards the door. Heh, sure you are. She looks adorable trying to cover her lie up.

   This is the time I could make my move. I open my mouth to say something, but before I could say a word, she runs away to the bathroom. I sigh, "Damnit".

   I go back in my room and sit on my bed, waiting for her to come out. God, she is all I'm thinking about. Why does she have to be so fucking attractive. More importantly, why did she have to be my babysitter? Ugh, I feel embarrassed just saying that.

   She's taking quite a while, what's she doing in there? I get up from my bed and go up to the bathroom door, but before I could knock, she opens the door. A million words rush in my mind and my heart rate accelerates. Why am I so nervous? I was never this nervous to all the girls I've ever met. I shake all the weakness off, just keep your cool.