5.

(SKYLAR'S POV)

   My heart beats a trillion times per second and I can feel the butterflies rushing in my stomach. Chill out skylar! He's just a boy, it's okay.

   I stood up more straight and tried not to look weak.

   "Hey," he smiles, showing his pearly white teeth.
   "Hey," I smile back.

    "So uh...I've got a nice voice huh?" He chuckles.

   Oh god, he knows.

   I smile and blush in embarrassment. "Yeah! Uh, I'm sorry that I was uh...stalking you,"

   He laughs, "Haha it's fine...you know, you can listen to some more of it if you want...".

   What does he mean by that? But I mean, I so do want to hear his singing again. It's just so warm...and..raspy and...

  "Sure! I mean yeah definitely why not?".

  He exhales, looking almost sort of relieved. He smiles, "Alright cool follow me.". He walks down the hall and in his room and me following him.

   "You can take a seat anywhere you like"
   I was already in front of his bed, so I just sat down. He pulled up a rolling chair from his computer and placed it in front of me. He picks up his guitar and takes a seat. My heart is beating fast and I check the time, 10:24pm. Phew, almost there.

   "So what's your favorite song right now?" He asks.

    "Umm...give me love by Ed sheeran" I said.

He nods and starts playing his guitar. He clears his throat before he starts to sing.
My heart flutters once again at the sound of his soothing voice. I was in a different zone. His comforting voice acted as patches to my wounds. I felt like I was under its control. I felt hypnotized.

"We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste your lips allow..."

   I blush fiercely as he remains strong eye contact with me throughout the entire song. We felt isolated from the entire world, like our connection is too strong. I've never felt this way with any guy, not even Marcus. His eyes follow my lips and I froze.

  He started to lean close to me, and it felt as if there was a magnetic attraction pulling me towards him. My heart is pounding up my throat and I felt like my chest was going to explode any second now.

Just millimeters before our lips touch, someone walks in the room. We both quickly jerk back from eachother. Shawn lets out a light frustrated groan.

   I look to my right and see Ms. Mendes at the doorway. "I'm back! How was your day with Aaliyah, Skylar? I see you've met Shawn!," She says in an enthusiastic voice. Shawn sighs. "Hey mom".

   "My day with Aaliyah was great! She's such a sweet girl, I'm very happy to be working with her! thank you," I say, trying to act as polite as possible. Shawn narrows his eyes at me.

   "Yep.. I'm sorry, I was in such a rush this morning I forgot to tell you that my son Shawn is here to be watched as well,".

   Shawn widens his eyes at his mom.

She clears her throat, "well it's getting late so you should probably get home hun".

I nod and follow her out the door, then downstairs and to the front door. I see Shawn standing at the staircase.

"Once again, thank you for being here. Here's your check," she says, handing it to me.

"And I hope to see you here again tomorrow," she smiles. Tomorrow?

I look up and get a glimpse of Shawn. He winked and smirked at me.

  I exhale. This is going to be a long week.

~

(A/N) Mommy mendes is one cock-blocker 😂 Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this and the last chapter. Just know there's more updates coming up, I just happened to get these done at like 4 in the morning (r.i.p me)😂. Anyways, don't forget to follow, vote, and leave a comment!! Love y'all xxxxxx