Chapter 4

(The following morning)

It was 8 a.m when Emma woke up checking her phone.

"Oh yeah, it's Saturday. I can sleep in." she said with a groan as the sunlight peered through the blinds. She closed her eyes and covered her face with a pillow trying to get more sleep.

A few minutes passed before her eyes flashed open when she remembered that Min Yoon Gi had spent the night.

"Oh my gosh! How could I forget!?"  She hurriedly jumped out of bed and pushed aside the desk that blocked the door.

When she stepped out into the living room she found the couch vacant. Only the neatly folded blanket he used last night was left behind.

'What did I expect?' she sighed. 'Besides didn't he say he needed to be somewhere at 5 a.m?' she thought to herself.

She walked into the bathroom in order to get ready for the day when she sees a blue toothbrush next to hers. She automatically blushed at the thought that he left it in the toothbrush container rather than throwing it away. Something about it made it feel like they were a couple...

After getting ready, she went back into the living room to grab the lesson plans that were next to the table before heading out to the Coffee Shop to meet with her friend Tai.

When she ducked next to the table, she noticed a small piece of paper lying on top. It had a phone number written on it.

She picked it up and stared at the piece of paper a little flabbergasted. All it had was his name and phone number written in a way that made it seem as if he was in a hurry.

She contemplated whether or not to text him at the moment or if she should wait a while.

'I don't want to seem like I am desperate to talk to him, but at the same time he did leave me his number...I should at least text him my name so he knows that I saw his note.' She thought. 'Besides who cares if I text quickly? I'm not one to play those dumb push and pull texting games.'

| Thanks for not stealing anything | sent

She texted him smiling at her own sense of humor.

Emma had been sitting at a local coffee shop for a while getting her lesson plan ready when her friend Tai finally joined in.

"Hey girl. UGHHH sorry I'm late. I was so tired from last night, I couldn't wake up this morning."

"It's fine. I was able to finish up my lesson plan while I waited for you."

"You and those lesson plans! You should have come out with us last night! We rarely get to hang out because you are always so busy." He pouted. "Besides, you are never going to meet a cute Korean guy being cooped up in your apartment!"

"I would beg to differ." She was about to smile when she realized she made a huge mistake.

"What!? Have you met someone!? OMG. Tell me everything!!"

'Dang it. Why did I say that!? How am I going to explain all that has happened...' She thought to herself.

"Umm well I ran into someone outside of my apartment..."

"Aaaand???" Tai's eyes begged for more details. "Was he cute? Did you get his number?" He continued interrogating.

"Uhh... yeah I got his number, but I just texted him for the first time today...so I haven't gotten a response yet."

Just then, her phone alerts her that she received a text:

                | Your Visa card 3568 was used at

       Tom N Toms Coffee for a $4.99

       purchase. For issues, call        

       123-456-7890. |

"Is that him!?" Tai excitedly asks.

"No. It's just an alert message that my Visa card was charged." She sighed with a breath of relief. She couldn't imagine what would have happened if Tai had read the message she had sent Yoon Gi.  The questions would have been endless if he found out that the random guy she bumped into had spent the night.

"Oh, poor baby. Don't worry about it; it's still early so maybe he will text you later."

She didn't want to admit that Min Yoon Gi had been at the back of her mind ever since she texted him earlier in the day, but she couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't even read the message. The text still marked sent.

'He is probably really busy right now. He is an idol after all.' She said to herself in order to bring a peace of mind.

Emma continued on with her day, every once in a while checking her phone to see if she had any unread messages.

                | Thanks for not stealing anything | sent

He still had not replied, let alone read the message.

The evening rolled around and it was getting close to bedtime so Emma got ready for bed, making sure to set her alarm for Sunday service. After wrestling with the pillows and blanket, trying to find a comfortable position, her phone alerts her of a new message...