Chapter 2 - Another World Different from Ours

Demonxlover: I am pleased to see that you all seem to enjoy this story~ If you haven't read the first chapter yet - I do suggest that you read the first chapter before reading this one~

________________________________

You found yourself in a dark alley. You looked back and touched the brick wall, but there was no sign of how you were going to get back. The alley was dirty and had trash a bit all over the place. You didn't quite recognize this area. You decided to move forward and went out of the alley. You saw that everyone was dressed in victorian-clothing. 

You were confused. 'Where on earth am I?' You thought to yourself. You then noticed a newspaper on the ground. "Year 1890... Wait! 1890?!" Your eyes widened in shock. "How is this possible?" You thought aloud and noticed that people had begun to stare at you since you were talking to yourself and you decided to be silent.

It soon began to rain and you got soaked. You tried to find shelter but you could only find a dirty sheet. You covered yourself with it and waited out the rain.

A carriage eventually stopped in front of you and an old lady in a black victorian dress walked up to you as three men dressed in white sat in the front of the carriage.

She wore a warm smile on her lips. "Are you lost, my dear? Where are your parents?" She asked gently.

You looked up at her. "Um..." You knew you couldn't say that they lived here in London. They weren't even born yet. "My parents?" You paused. "They live really far away, I can't reach them in any way." You said. You were right in a way, but it sounded quite weird the way you had explained it and you wondered if she would buy it. And to your surprise - she did.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, dear. Please, let me give you some warm clothing and something to eat." She said and and reached out her had to you to help you up.

You wondered what she thought about your parents cause you thought it seemed as if she thought they had passed away.

Either way - you didn't bother to correct her and took her hand.

You knew what your parents thought about strangers, but she seemed really nice. You followed her and went into the carriage. You sat down on the seat in front of the lady and looked out the window.

When you arrived you realized that you had slept through the entire ride as the lady had woken you up telling you that you had arrived.

You looked out the window and your eyes widened as you recognized the building. You were at Buckingham Palace.

One of the men helped you out.

'Who is this lady?' You wondered and looked at her. "May I ask - Who are you?" You looked at her confused.

She smiled. One of the men then cut in, "This her majesty, queen Victoria." He introduced. She nodded and smiled. You were shocked.

One of the people you have read every single book about was standing right in front of you.

You soon snapped out of it and curtsied. "There is no need for you to curtsy, my dear. May I ask your name?"

"My name is (Y/N), your highness." You said.

You went inside the palace and looked around. It was huge.

The queen then faced you. "(Y/N), Charles Phipps will show you to your room." she smiled.

Phipps bowed to you. "If you'd please follow me, miss." He said and showed you your room.

"You'll find the clothes you need in the closet. The chef has prepared some scones for you on your nightstand." He said.

You thanked him and he bowed and left. You then approached the nightstand and nibbled on a scone.

You eventually took off your dirty clothes and put on a (F/C) nightgown afterwards.

You walked out of the room and went to find the queen. You wanted to thank her for her hospitality. You then heard her voice and a man's voice. The door was slightly open and you decided to eavesdrop.

"Your majesty, you cannot be serious about the girl. She's a street-rat." "Grey, she's an orphan. She has nowhere else to go."

He sighed. "As you wish, your majesty. I'll tell Phipps that we'll prepare everything for her stay." He bowed and made his way to the door. He looked back at the queen as she looked out the window.

"Oh Albert, I wish you were here... (Y/N) reminds me so much of our children... and of you."

You knew who Albert was since you had read all about her and her life. You felt bad for her and quickly went back to your room before you got caught.

- The Next Day -

Grey found you in your room. You wore a (F/C) victorian dress with long sleeves. You wore high heels and your (H/L) (H/C) hair was up in a bun.

"The queen wishes to have an audience with you." He said and bowed.

"Alright." You said and followed him and went to the throne room.

"I hope your stay has been pleasant so far, my dear?" She asked gently.

You nodded. "Very. Thank you, your majesty." You smiled.

"There's no need to be so formal, my dear. You may call me grandmother." She smiled.

You were surprised but did as you were told. "As you wish, your high-- I mean... grandmother." You said.

She smiled and nodded. "I have had double Charles prepare for your stay and I hope you will enjoy your stay here."

You curtsied. "Thank you, grandmother. You are very kind."
After a couple of months later of you staying at Buckingham palace the queen had decided that with the proper education you'll officially become her successor. You were shocked and couldn't believe your ears, but you smiled.

You couldn't wait to see where your journey was headed next...

______________________________

Demonxlover: Hm~ What's going to happen next I wonder? What do you think? The queen seems to take quite a liking to you - find out what happens next in the next chapter of "The Journey Into the 19th Century"~!