Chapter 4 - The Ball

Demonxlover: It's been quite a while since the last chapter~ Let's get right into the story, shall we~?

Enjoy~!

[If you haven't read the previous chapters yet, I'd advice you to do so, otherwise - enjoy~]
________________________________

The next morning you were awaken by your personal maid, Zelia. She wore a maid outfit, she had black long hair hanging down her shoulders, pale skin and reddish brown eyes.

She opened up the curtains. "It's time to wake up, your highness." She said in a soft and calm voice.

You opened your (E/C) eyes and yawned. "How many times have I told you to call me by my name, Zelia?" You said gently.

She bowed her head. "I-I'm very sorry, your high-- I mean miss (Y/N)." She stuttered a bit.

She cleared her throat and her voice returned back normal. "What do you wish to wear today, miss?" She asked.

You shrugged. "You choose." You said and smiled.

Zelia chose a beautiful (F/C) Victorian dress with short sleeves. It had beautiful gold and silver details embroidered here and there. She then dressed you.

She then brushed your (H/L) (H/C) hair and put it up in a half braided ponytail.

You soon headed to the dining hall and was served breakfast.

You finished eating and headed back to your chambers were Zelia had prepared for your trip.

You both then headed outside once Zelia had put on your cloak and noticed that John Brown had already arrived with the carriage at the front entrance. He helped you inside and closed the carriage door afterwards.

He went to his seat at the front and hit the reigns.

The horse-drawn carriage began to move and you were finally on your way to the Phantomhive estate.

You arrived at the estate a few hours later.

It had gotten quite dark as the sun was setting. You noticed that a raven haired pale man in a tailcoat approached the carriage.

He opened the carriage door and helped you both out of the carriage.

"I hope you've had a safe trip, your highness." He said. "I'm Sebastian, the head butler of this estate." He introduced himself. For some reason he kind of reminded you of Mr. Hale.

He escorted you inside as John Brown headed back to Buckingham palace.

Sebastian escorted you to the ballroom. Zelia was right behind you.

You soon entered the ballroom. You weren't too fond of parties but you decided to try your best.

"The young master will come down soon. Feel free to come to me if you need anything." He bowed his head to you.

You nodded and watched the raven haired butler leave the ballroom.

Zelia noticed that you seemed a little nervous. "Is everything alright, miss?" She asked softly.

You faced her and nodded. "I'm just not that used to these festivities. But if it helps grandmother I'll gladly do it." You said and gave her a gentle smile. "Besides, with all the dance practice and etiquette you all taught me I should be fine." You smiled cheerfully.

She smiled back.

A Chinese man soon approached you with a girl at his side. "What is such a lovely lamb doing in a place like this? I don't believe I've seen you before." He said in a calm and soft voice.

You faced him and was about to answer him, but before you were able to respond a voice said, "Lau, don't speak like that to the princess."

You turned around and saw a teenage boy with an eyepatch covering his right eye.

"The princess, ay? Interesting." Lau said. "You haven't had royalty at a ball before, have you earl?" He asked the boy.

You were a little surprised. 'This boy is the earl?' You thought to yourself. "She was sent here instead of double Charles. I suppose the queen is suspicious of me again." He sighed.

He turned to you. "My apologies, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm earl Ciel Phantomhive." He paused. "This is Lau who is the manager of his trading company 'Kong-Rong' and the lady next to him is Ranmao." He introduced.

You curtsied. "I'm pleased to finally meet you, earl." You said politely.

"Are you having fun so far?" He asked.

You nodded. "I am." You said and smiled.

He smiled slightly back. "Good."

A couple of hours later you started to get bored. When Zelia wasn't watching you decided to sneak out of the ballroom and decided to look around the manor.

You walked up the staircase and walked around for a bit until you decided to stop by a door. You decided to open it carefully and noticed that it was the study room. You looked back to make sure no one was there and entered the room and closed the door behind you as you had always been the curious type.

You looked around the room and went to the desk. You were amazed by all the decor. "I wonder what he meant by the queen being suspicious of him?" You asked yourself.

You soon noticed a familiar book in a drawer - it was the diary, but it seemed to be in better condition than the one from the museum.

You were about to open it until you heard footsteps coming closer to the study. You decided to hide and hid just in time before the door opened. But you forgot to put back the diary where you found it.

The earl and the raven haired butler entered the room. Ciel sat down in his seat behind his desk and sighed. "I'm glad it's finally over. Bring me some tea, Sebastian." He ordered. The butler did as he was ordered and left.

Ciel soon noticed the diary and raised an eyebrow. "I could have sworn that I put it in the drawer." He said confused and put it back into the drawer and sighed.

Sebastian soon returned with his tea and put it on the desk in front of him. He noticed that the earl was deep in thoughts.

"Is everything alright, my lord?" The young boy snapped out of it.

"Yes, I was just thinking about the princess." He paused. You sharpened your ears and listened. "I never thought that the queen would send her granddaughter in her servants place. It's strange. I wonder what she's planning this time."

________________________________
Demonxlover: What will happen next~? Stay tuned for the next chapter~!