Chapter 3: the deal

I ate all my tocos as quickly as I could, almost choking, and stammered up to bed before Papy had any time to say anything. I closed and locked my door quickly and slammed my back to it, sliding down the soft wood until I was on the ground. I sat there and waited an eternity until the coast was clear.
Papy: "hey bro? You doing alright?"
He knocked on the door worriedly, but I didn't say anything. I just sat there... Quiet... And waiting for him to leave.
Papy: "sigh hey bro, listen... If there's... Something? Anything? That's bothering you, you know you can always talk to me right? I'm going to be in my room now but... If you need anything... I'm right here. Sigh."
I heard him leave and breathed a sigh myself. There's just... Things, I didn't want to tell him. Not ever. I got up from the front of the door and walked over to my bed, still trying to be as quiet as possible out of pure paranoia. I looked around hastily before reaching in between the matrice. I felt around for a little while until I felt the tip of a paperish frame hit the tip of my fingers, and pulled out a book. I sat on my crane bed and took out the pen that was bookmarking my spot, and started writing...

Deer RG journal
I've been having more and more bad dreams recently and I'm starting to get really scared. I remembered when erry would talk to me about the resets. And what it did to the sans's and their timelines. First came the nightmares. And then little OFF memories about things that had happened in the past... Or future??? I don't really get how that works. But what I do know is that I definitely don't want to become like my lazy,... Depressed brother. Would I even scoop to such levels. Like he did. Or was erry right all along? Was I just destined to become an error? Like he was? I keep asking all these questions that keep bothering me to my... Friend? Whenever I go to sleep. But somehow they remain aloof about answering them. They said that they could help me. But they needs my permission to do so? Whatever that means. They're giving me until the day of my birthday to decide. I have to give them an answer before then. Or, they says that they'll disappear forever. And I'll never have this opportunity again. I don't know what to do? I'm too scared to go to Papy to talk about it. Or anyone else for that matter. And I haven't seen erry since the day he left me here and went back to his VOID... Oh if only he where here. Than I wouldn't be having all these problems. Because I knew he would always protect me. And look after me. But now he's gone and I feel scared. Tonight is the night before the party. I'm going to make my decision then. If my friend says that they can fix everything and make me happy again. Than that's all I'll ever need... I hope.
Blue.

Papys POV:
I sat at my bed next to an open window and lit up a cigarette. Puffing out a cloud of black ash, I leaned my back to the wall and listened to the scratches of pen on paper as my bro wrote in his little diary. Every day after he would leave for training I would sneak into his room and read it. Hiding the mysterious book when he would come home. And what I found in there was... Worrying to say the least. Since the first day I've read an entry on his journal, I have been trying to get sans to talk to me. But I guess he just isn't ready to DEAL with the truth yet. Heh heh. Sigh. I could go to him directly with what I found but... He would never trust me again. There was a time once when I was almost caught tho... Almost.

FLASHBACK
it was a couple of days after error had all of a sudden returned my brother home... Along with ink. I glared at the glitch for a while but his expression just seemed solemn. Like he was sad to let my bro go. He waved goodbye to him and before I could even say anything, my own brother turned around, ran back to him, and hugged him tightly. The glitch hugging him back. My eye socket twitched as I was understandably a little mad that they could actually be... Friends? Or possibly even more, but I caught the attention of ink who just shook his head at me. Urging me to lower my defenses. I lit a cig and puffed a smoke as I watched the unusual transaction. They hugged for a while and my bro had tears in his eyes as he waved what appeared to be a permanent good riddance to the glitch as he turned around without a word and disappeared into a pixilated portal of his own. After he was gone ink finally spoke up...

Ink: (error won't be coming back to your AU anytime soon. And... Neither will the resets.)

For pretty good news, he seemed pretty sad. just before he left he looked up at sans and said sorry. Then they where both gone. Ever since, sans has never been the same.

But then...
I was reading the most recent entry in sans's journal when alphas called me on my phone almost panicked. I put the book down on the nightstand beside me, and rushed to sans's aid. I met up with undying at her lab as sans slept. He was so sick that I didn't want to leave him alone for even a few seconds but... I couldn't help think back to the book I left out in the open...
After I took sans back home, I told him to lay down on the couch and I would make him some hot chocolate. After I tucked him in, I walked into the kitchen and instantly teleported into his room, closed his door quietly, and hid his book underneath his matrice. I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached for the handle of the bedroom, only to have it turn slowly underneath me. Panicking I quickly teleported back into the kitchen and quickly made a hot chocolate with marshmallows. Calling him down from the stairs.
-flashback over-

I snapped out of my daze and heard soft snores coming from the other side of the wall. I sighed and put out my cigarette, getting ready to go to sleep. I just wish I could help him. I'd do anything, even let that stupid glitch back into his life.

❓: OH? REALLY?... Hmm.

Papy: (who! What are you?)

❓: do you want to help your brother or not?

Papy: (... Yes I want to help him.)

❓: than let's make a deal pal.