Chapter 11: A New Beginning

Geno opened the door for ink and stretch as they walked in to see error. Curious and worried about what could have happened to him overnight to have made geno so panicked. Geno pointed back to the bed that error was currently sitting on, swinging his legs back and forth as if he had no care left in the world.
Geno: "go see for yourself."
Ink nodded and approached error cautiously, not knowing what to expect, and looked down at the glitch who was now looking back at him with a bright dorky smile that could only be described as... out of character.
Ink: "hi error. Care to tell me what's wrong?"
Error looked up at him puzzled. After all, he felt alright he guessed. So he just shrugged. But then surprised ink with a question of his own.
Error: "who are you?"
Ink: "...um...."
Ink was taken aback for a minute, then decided to test something out.
Ink: "um.... error, can you hold still for just a second?"
Error: "ok."
He smiled up brightly in an almost over cheery tone that wouldn't sound very much out of place coming from blueberry himself. Ink took this opportunity to do something that he knew would normally glitch out error within seconds. If he was really gone then this shouldn't affect him at all... ink grabbed both sides of his cheeks and lifted his head up to look at him. And besides an odd look of confusion, surely enough, he wasn't bothered at all with the physical contact.
Ink: "oh god...."
Geno: "I know. What do we do about this?"
❓: "bout what Brodsky?"
The trio turned quickly around to see fresh casually leaning in the doorway, looking as careless as ever.
Geno: "we think error might have lost his memory over night."
Fresh: "hmm... did you do the touch test already?"
Geno: "mhmm. Not even a twitch."
Fresh nodded as he heelied his way to the bed. Looking over error carefully.
Fresh: "mind I try something?"
Geno: ".... sure."
Ink: "geno!"
Geno: "give him some space."
Reluctantly, inks backed away from error, giving fresh enough room to move around freely. Grabbing both sides of his head again to face him. Then removing his glasses.
Fresh: "alright lil homie, I need you to hold perfectly still for me and don't blink, ok?"
Error just looked confused, but did as he was told anyways. Within seconds, there was a flash of bright purple to and from errors skull, and then fresh got up. Putting back on his glasses and shaking his head.
Geno: "well?"
Fresh: "minds complete wipe brah. Nothing I can do for the homie."
Geno: "how long will this last?"
Fresh smile faltered as he rubbed the back of his head pensively, not really wanting to answer that but knowing that he deserved one.
Fresh: "sorry bro."
Geno: "HOW LONG!"
Geno had already begun to tear up as his emotions boiled over. He couldn't stand the idea of loosing even one of his brothers again. Not now.
Fresh: "sigh. It's permanent."
Shock overwhelmed the whole group as geno dropped down to the ground, bawling his eyes out. Ink kneeling next to him and trying to comfort him as much as he could.
Ink: "geno. I'm so sorry."
Paps: "well what do we do with him now?"
After staying quiet for so long, stretch finally spoke up. Trying his best to sound at least a little concerned about error. Even though he was kinda relieved that his violent tendencies where seemingly gone over night. Geno whipped away his eye sockets as he stood up again, followed by ink as they walked up to error who still had no clue what was going on.
Geno: "I'll take care of him."
Ink: "by yourself!?"
Geno: "if I need too."
Fresh: "I'll help the home slice out too. 'Sides, I need a place to crash anyways."
Geno nodded, although a bit frustrated that he wasn't taking this seriously. He sighed at the thought, knowing that it was neither of their faults that they had ended up like this's...
It was his.
Paps: "oh god, sans! I almost completely forgot. He's best friends with the glitch. What's he going to say when..."
Blue: "papy...?"