Chapter 18: Sweet Friends

Sugar looked to all his newfound sweet coated friends in the candy void, hanging out and having fun without a care in the world. But he didn't feel as happy as he did the day he found blue. The color had drained from his body, and he seemed to have just felt... empty inside. He looked down to the cracked soul that he held in his hand. And then back over at cherry, who seemed to be preoccupied with his new fluffy jacket.
Sugar: "it's now or never sugar. I can't turn back now."
He took a deep breath and called over cherry. Knowing that the new hosts body was ready. All he had to do was put in the soul and he would have his friend back again. But why did he feel so... wrong about it? He felt guilty for what he was about to do. He knew he wasn't evil. He needed to do this. He needed his family back.
Cherry: "hi sugar! Did you need something!"
He hesitated...

Sweetheart had hidden himself away in the far end of the ruins

Sweetheart had hidden himself away in the far end of the ruins. Hiding from the rest of the group. Despite his nature, his hosts body had affected his personality to the point where he had actually contracted haphephobia from it. It seems as tho ALL of sugars sweet creations had turned out... wrong. And yet, he couldn't bare to get rid of them.
Loli: "hay sweetheart. How are you feeling."
Sweetheart: "what do YOU want?"
Loli: "to talk."
And they where different from what sugar had remembered them to be.
Loli: "I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise."
They where unique. Completely new and different people.
Sweetheart: "ok. Pinkie promise."
So he couldn't go through with it. He watched the souls that he had carried for so long shatter. And for the first time in what felt like forever, he began to cry.
Act: [HUG]
He opened his eyes to find cherry hugging him tightly. Even though sugar once thought of them being empty inside, they showed emotions, they fell in love, made best friends, sometimes they where even scared. And most important of all, they cared about sugar very much. They where his friends.
Sugar: "I'm sorry cherry. I'm so so sorry."
Cherry didn't understand why his friend was crying or why he was so upset. But he didn't care, he just wanted to make his friend feel better.
Cherry: "come on sugar, lets go see the others. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want too."
Sugar: "thanks cherry. I feel better already."

Sugar stared down at the orb of souls, deep in thought. He placed a hand on its surface, and a small screen appeared, showing blue and error seemingly having a sleepover together. Even though his friend forgot everything and barely knew who he even was, he didn't give up on him. And now here they are, sleeping together in sleeping bags on the living room floor. Like nothing had ever happened.
Sugar: "I wonder what's going through your head right now blue."
Blue: "hmm? Sugar?"
Sugar: "oh, sorry friend, didn't mean to wake you."
Blue: "it's ok. Did you need something? You sound kinda down."
Sugar: "yah. I guess I am."
Blue: "do you wanna talk about it?"
Sugar: "... no. It's fine. Go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning."
Blue: "alright, good night friend."
Sugar: "yah. Good night."