16

Oscars's POV

I turned on the camera and held it in front of my face.

"Hello there people. Now this is no ordinary blog as you see that I am not Nathaniel. And I know that you want answers to Nathaniel's disappearance. You are all probably asking why he hasn't been posting vlogs or videos and are probably right now thinking that I am taking over his channel. But no. I am here to tell you or rather show you, the reason he hasn't been doing so. And believe me, he would be absolutely fine with me doing this, seeing as he loves all of you out there and will never leave you hanging without notice." I said. Getting out of the car I flipped it, showing my surroundings.

"As you can see, I am at a hospital. Which should already trigger something in your head eh?" I said and then lowered the camera as I entered the building.
Walking a little further down the hallways, I went up to the floor and room the lady at the front desk directed me to.

There were two beds. One held a girl. Her hair blonde and a scar running down her face. Her chest wrapped in now only a few bandages. Next to her, a boy. His hair is brown with a castes arm and tightly wrapped broken ribs. Their beds were touching. I asked them to do so since they would request it anyways.

I turn the camera back on. "So. This is it. This is the reason right here. He hasn't been filming because he can't really do anything in a comatose state right? Now, you probably want answers. Well here goes nothing, he was hit by a car driving at insane speed because somebody was rushing to visit a relative. Nathaniel was here because he was visiting Blair who got hurt in warfare. This is all messed up but this is exactly what happened. And you all have been getting mad at him. 1000 people have unsubscribed! Now think of what you did." I closed the camera and sat down in a chair that was planted next to my best friend's bed.
He scored himself a pretty strong hit. Three broken ribs a minor concussion and a broken in three places arm since it took a big portion of the force when he collided with the ground.

I sat there in the silent room and all that could be heard was the two beeping machines. When you listen long enough you will start to notice that their hearts are beating at the same pace. Each beep at the same time.
It's strange really.

Not being able to take this any longer without going absolutely insane, I left.

Nathaniel's POV

It was...dark. Really dark. I could hear people and I could hear two simultaneously beeping heart monitors. There was a dull ache in my chest and arm and my head felt like it had daggers stabbing into it. My eyes were heavy and my throat felt dry. For every voice I heard, I got a different feeling. But one of them I was missing. The voice of pure and utter bliss. The voice of Blair.
My eyelids opened just a little tiny crack, only to close back and for me to fall asleep again.

Blair's POV (like 12 hours later??)

My chest burnt. Like really really burnt. You know when you swallow something really. REALLY hot. Like a piece of meat that you didn't let cool down enough and now it just burns you as it goes down. Well that's how my chest felt right now. Only the feeling wasn't leaving me.
I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge.
I tried again and again until they flew open. But only to get burned by a very bright white light.

After letting my eyes adjust, I started surveying the room I was in and immediately identified it as a hospital.

Hearing another heart monitor really close but seeing as this was a private room, I turned by head to the side, only to be met with the familiar sleeping face of Nathaniel but with an oxygen tube in his nose, a cast on his arm and ribs and the heart monitor was attached to him, as well as a bandage wrapped around his head.

"Na---" I couldn't finish the sentence because only letting those two letters out caused the burning in my chest to increase, and the itchiness and sourness of my throat to double.

A nurse rushed into the room just as Nathaniel's eyes flew open.

Nathaniel's POV

My eyes flew open at the sound of a very, very raspy and cracked voice which was followed by horrid coughing.
My eyes got used to the light and what I saw I hope I never see again.
Blair was holding on to her chest and nearly scratching at her neck while suffocating on cough after cough and the nurse just standing there in shock.

"What.. A-are you. W-waiting f-F...for?" I rasped out, and seemed to snap the nurse out of her daze as she rushed out of the room only to return a moment later with supplies and a doctor.

They quickly attended to Blair, giving her water and injecting her with something that seemed to make the pained expression on her face disappear. It made me feel better.

The nurse then handed me a cup of water which I took gently but swallowed greedily.

I looked over at Blair, who was staring right back.

After explaining what I was doing here to Blair, and calming her down since she broke down in tears, input down the two handles on the bed that were separating us. Our beds were nearly attached and the only barrier were the handles. I lowered them and Blair and I instantly cuddled into each other, soon falling asleep. But I did hear the awes if the female nurses.