Joy isn't joyful...yet ~ Dick Grayson Nightwing Christmas New Years one shot

Joy Kent

Black hair

Purple eyes

I sighed watching the people mill about talking. Could you believe it? Dumped for the third Christmas in a row for what? Oh that's right my boyfriend thought that a sudden crime spree might destroy the city since security is down since its Christmas. Yep you guessed it my 'boyfriend' is none other than the Dick Grayson ex Robin current superhero Nightwing. I met him many years ago when I was on a mission for dad, my father being the Clark Kent aka Superman. Hence the reason I was here at a Christmas eve party with nothing to do but great my fathers colleagues and the rich and famous people who had come here. Their sons were very persistent as always but who could blame them every year my boyfriend didn't show up it have them more courage and ability to say I was playing hard to get.

I love Dick I really truly do, he's the greatest guy I could ever have but he's not perfect that I can tell you. Like being obsessed with the crime fighting thing like today.

"Can I have this dance?" yet another man had found his way to me he wasn't nearly as handsome as Dick nor as strong that was obvious. Then again not many were. This boy sorry man however was kinda cute. He had nice blonde hair in a quiff. His grey eyes seemed flirtatious and his 'dashing' smirk made him appear very full of himself.

"Um..." I hesitated before finally giving into the fact I was alone here aside from my parents. Allowing him to take my hand and kiss it I forced a polite smile. I'll admit dancing was fun I thoroughly enjoyed it. I stopped refusing dance partners and merely enjoyed myself until I was parched.

"May I have another dance?" asked Peter I was about to say yes when Conner slid in between us. I beamed at him and threw my arms around his shoulders.

"You came!" I cried happily.

"Yeah I came." he chuckled giving the boys around us glares.

"So you are her elusive boyfriend?" asked a boy I believe was named Tony.

"He's her brother." hissed the one beside him.

"That's my best friend." added Conner "And he won't take to lightly to hear you guys were hitting on her."

Yeah right he woudnt care. I thought bitterly.

"Come dance with me Conner please!" I begged he agreed if only if it was because we got away from the others.

"What's up?" he asked as we circled together on the dance floor.

"Dick." I grumbled.

"You know how he is." advised Conner.

"Still he's stood me up at Christmas three times now not to mention all our dates for the past month even ones he set himself." I protested then sighed as my heart felt heavy "Maybe...maybe it's time. Maybe he's found someone else or just isn't interested in me anymore."

"Joy-"

"How are you two doing?" my mom had found us. I forced a smile as showering us in compliments and husily fixing our attire she dithered over the party. How I got purple eyes when both she and dad have blue I will never understand.

"She is so annoying!" I whined when she finally left us alone.

"Who Louise?" I have Conner a no duh look.

"Come on let's just enjoy-" the sound of a far of scream and gun fire caught both me and Conners attention from across the room I could see it also caught dads. He glanced our way to find us already in motion disappearing from the crowds ingot he next room.