Heart of Narnia Christmas Special One Shot ~

I looked whist fully out the window. My fingers pressed up against the window panes as I watched the snow fall down. Sighing I set off through Cair Paravel. I could hear the narnians grumbling about the snow outside. It only added to the weight in my heart.

I strode into the great hall to find everyone decorating the humongous Christmas tree. I smiled feeling a small ray of light a hope kindle in my heart.

"Ella!" Called Susan spotting me.

"Your majesty!" Cried the Narnians just noticing me I smiled and waved.

"Care to join us?" Asked Edmund holding up a box filled with hand crafted ornaments from the dwarves.

"May I?" I asked feeling the weight on my heart lightening already.

"Of course!" Laugh Lucy grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the tree. It was the first winter since we defeated the witch. While I had been so looking forward to it all the Narnians had been dreading it and grumbling once the snow began to fall. For them it represented fear and tyranny and it really had depressed me to see the fear and avoidance of our subjects.

"Here hand me a ornament will you Lucy?" I asked she smiled and hurried to pass a beautiful hand crafted glass ornament of a Satyr.

"Beautiful." I stated hanging it on the branch. Decorating the tree was fun and it really lifted my spirits again.

Someone had gotten a band to play Christmas carols which funnily enough were the same as ones in our world. I was having a blast decorating with the others including the Narnians when a golden garland wrapped around my head covering my eyes.

I laughed and pulled it off turning only to fall off the ladder with a shriek, however a pair of warm strong arms caught me just in time to save me.

"Well hello there." It was Peter a broad grin upon his handsome face. I scowled playfully and smacked him knowing he had done it on purpose.

"Merry Christmas Eve to you too!" I scoffed looking over his golden wardrobe which matched my own gold dress.

"Well it's payback for not waking me this morning." I rolled my eyes at him as he set me down.

"Look Peter it's a White Christmas!" I laughed pointing.

"That it is." He murmured against my ear smiling softly at me his arms wound around my hips.

"Why is she so happy about that!" I heard a Narnian whisper. Instantly my spirits hit rock bottom again. I bit my lip then looked at Lucy she looked just as upset by this as I did.

Couldn't there be some way to-

I stopped as an idea hit me.

"Hey Peter!" I turned around in his arms surprising him as I beamed up at him. I smiled at him leaning up to kiss him. Once he closed his eyes I darted to the side only to kiss his cheeks as my hands snatched away his crown. I dashed off past him grabbing edmunds in my hands as well as I raced past.

"Hey!"

"Ella!"

Lucy seeing where I was running laughed and grabbed Susan dragging her after me. The Narnians laughed as I ran around the tree thinking it was another one of my games.

"Hey get back here!" I laughed and raced forward and to the great doors shoving them open and running out onto the balcony and then down the stairs to the snow filled courtyard below. The boys ran to the balcony looking down at me as the snow fell upon our heads. I laughed and held up their crowns teasingly. The Narnians though hesitant had followed them out onto the balcony to see what was going on.