Chapter Two - The Start Of The Journey

"Remember, Lys, you have to hide when you feels that a human is aware of your presence. Just dove deep down and go faraway. And don't-"

      "Don't get caught. I got it, Grandmother. I'm not a kid anymore, you know?" Lys rolled his eyes, but in turn, his older sister that floating beside him punched his arm lightly. Her black scales tail is shimmering, reflecting the light around her.

      "You're still a child If you still behaving like this. Will you ever stop to interrupting what Grandmother said for once?" The older lady could only smiling when he saw his grandson scowled at her granddaughter.

      "But, today is my 20th birthday! I'm supposed to be able to do what I want right? And I've been waiting for the time where I can see the land forever!"

      "That's true, but, you have to be prepared for everything that might come to you when you take your one day journey to the coast!" His other sister said to him. She have purple scales tail, like her Grandmother but a little lighter shade of purple than her.

      "They're right, Lys. That's what we're been experiencing when we were 20. Didn't I told you how I'm almost had a heart attack when a child looked at my direction ten years ago?" the oldest of the five siblings spoke up.

      "Yes, sister. I know. But still..." Lys said, suddenly feeling tired with this conversation. She swim closer to him, and taking his face with both of her hand so he can't look away from her.

      "Believe us when we said we know what you should and shouldn't do on this day. We do this for your own safety. We don't want you to get caught by the humans, because all of us love you." She said that with soft voice, while her green eyes fixed with Lys blue one, letting her words sinking in her brother thick skull.

      Lys looked down, and nodded. He did understand what they said is for his own safety, but he don't like anyone to tell him what he should and shouldn't do.

      "Alright, I got it. Now, can you let go of my face, please? I have to swim for a day and I don't want to be late for my first opportunity to looked to the humans town." His sister smiled, and letting go of his face.

      "Just promise us you're be careful, okay?" his other sister that have red scales tail said to him, and Lys nodded. Their Grandmother said that it was the time to go, and all five sibling, with their five different scales colored tails swam quickly out of the palace to the gate, following their Grandmother to meet their father, the Mer-King for his blessings and to said goodbye to their little brother. Praying for his safety to start his journey as a coming to age mission to became a real adult Mer-man.

      And after saying good bye to his family, he then take off with one soldier of his father choice—for safety reason, although he didn't like it one bit. But since there's nothing he can do, they then swimming freely to the outside world, the vast sea outside the gate that protect their kind from danger, to the land of the humans.