Chapter Six - Daydream And Nosy Sisters

Its have been several days after Lys coming back from his little journey. When he's got home, his family and the other Mer-people's celebrating his come back with singing and circling around while holding the other Mer-people hands and congratulating him for make it home safely. He told them his stories of what he sees and all, but leaving out the fact that he's saving the human Prince from the storms. That kind of stories won't make his family-or his people-happy, since they-he-wasn't supposed to be seen by humans, let alone help them. He manage to keep the soldier mouth shut after he bribe him with a bag of pearls and gems he take from the treasury.

"Not like father cares about the stones, anyway." he thought while stuffing the stones to the small bag.

After making sure the soldier wouldn't talk or tried to ask for more stones, Lys have been passing the day daydreaming about the human he'd saved on the palace wide veranda, facing the beautiful coral reef on the side.

Remembering his face, his soft hair, his pale skin, his thin body when he's holding him in his arms, and of course, the taste of his lips when he steal the kiss from the unconscious human.

It was a short timed kiss, but the feeling linger on until now. He find himself blushing when a thought of him and that human kissing and holding hands crossed his mind, and he's so caught up on his thoughts he doesn't even realize that his sisters have been watching with amusement behind him.

"So, what are our little Lyse daydreaming about?" Lys startled from his thought when one of his sisters suddenly asking him a question from behind. He turned and scowled at the giggling princesses.

"Its nothing important. And even if it is, do you think I will tell you that?" he said while crossing his arms.

"Oh, come on now. Who's going to believe that it's 'not important' if your face turned red from ear to ear like that!" said his purple colored tail sister.

"Maybe he found someone he like?" his sister with black scales tail chimed in.

"Or maybe, he's already fallen in love?" the oldest teased. Lys face turning more redder than the previous red shade, and clearly struggling to let the denial out from his mouth.

"Lov-What?! No! Impossible! I'm not in love with that person! Impossible!" Lys trying to denies what his sisters assume, but after he said that, he know that he just digging his own grave and his face getting redder and redder for every second passed.

His sisters eyes went wide when they hear what he said. Each of them shouting the interjected question loudly when they rushing to Lys and tug him around for questioning. Lys felt scared for a moment and tried to get away from his sparked eyes sisters. Although for him, they looks more like a group of hungry sharks that ready to eat their prey whole.

He tried to run away, but his sisters won't letting the opportunity to know more about the one that their brother has set his heart to go. His suffering didn't last long, however, because one of the servant of the palace came to fetch him to his father. She said they the Mer-King want to talk to him about some important matter.

His sisters letting him go with disappointment, and he thanking his father for once in forever for calling him in this critical situation. But when he glanced at his sisters faces, what he saw chilled him to the spine, and he hurriedly go with the servant to meet his father. Leaving four determined princesses that face saying the unspeakable promise to get their little brother to talk about the lucky person to them.

Very, very, soon.